AHL Moves to Las Vegas
The Vegas Golden Knights announced today, February 28, that the American Hockey League (AHL) Board of Governors has approved both the AHL franchise membership purchase by the Golden Knights and the application for relocation to Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada. Beginning in the 2020-21 season, the Golden Knights AHL affiliate will be based in Henderson/Las Vegas.
"It's official," said Vegas Golden Knights Chairman and CEO Bill Foley. "AHL hockey is coming to our great city. Local residents have responded with incredible enthusiasm over the last month, as we have received over 7,000 season ticket deposits to date. We are committed to creating memorable, positive experiences for our fans and their families. We would like to thank the American Hockey League, Spurs Sports & Entertainment, our colleagues at the Orleans Hotel, Mayor March and the entire city of Henderson for their commitment and effort to making this process a success. We can't wait to drop the puck this fall."
On February 6, 2020, the Golden Knights purchased an American Hockey League franchise membership from Spurs Sports & Entertainment (which previously operated the San Antonio Rampage in San Antonio, TX) and applied for relocation of the franchise to Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada. The purchase and relocation was subject to approval from the American Hockey League Board of Governors. This approval was given on February 28.
The Golden Knights AHL affiliate will play their home games during the 2020-21 AHL season at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
Additional updates regarding the Vegas Golden Knights AHL affiliate and subsequent plans including team name, logo, ticket pricing etc. will be communicated when appropriate.
All Golden Knights fans are able to place a $50 per seat season ticket deposit by visiting vgk.io/ahl-vegas . Please note the season ticket deposits are refundable. Current Vegas Golden Knights ticket members who place a deposit will receive priority access once seat selection begins. Details regarding seat selection and pricing will be announced at a later time.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2020
- Amerks Double up Rocket to Close out Homestand - Rochester Americans
- Comeback Falls Short as IceHogs Edge Stars 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Penguins Lose to Crunch, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bunnaman Returns to Phantoms and Scores Twice in 5-3 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bellows scores twice, Hickey records three assists on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barre-Boulet Nets Hat Trick in 4-3 Crunch Win over Penguins - Syracuse Crunch
- Penalties Stop Monsters in 5-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Power Play Dominates in Cleveland Win - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Storm Back to Top T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Topped by Binghamton, 5-3 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Boucher's Five-Point Night Carries Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- Studenic Catches Fire In 5-3 Win Over Wolf Pack - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Kick off Weekend in Upstate New York Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Moves to Las Vegas - Las Vegas
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Purchase of Franchise by Vegas Golden Knights - AHL
- Moose Trade Alexis D'Aoust to Charlotte - Manitoba Moose
- LA Kings Recall Mikey Anderson - Ontario Reign
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, February 28, 2020 - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Keep Momentum Friday against San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Griffins' Popular Star Wars Night Returns on March 7 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Jets Recall C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Navigate "Three-In-Three" this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Griffins Sign McCarron to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joshua Ho-Sang Loaned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Monsters, February 28 - Belleville Senators
- Game 53 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.