AHL Board of Governors Approves Purchase of Franchise by Vegas Golden Knights
February 28, 2020 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and Chief Executive Officer David Andrews announced today that the AHL Board of Governors has approved the transfer of ownership of the San Antonio Rampage AHL franchise to the Vegas Golden Knights, as well as the relocation of that franchise from San Antonio, Texas, to Henderson/Las Vegas, Nev., effective with the 2020-21 season.
The Golden Knights' AHL affiliate will play at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas for the 2020-21 season.
In operation since 1936, the AHL serves as the top development league for the players, coaches, managers, executives and broadcasters of every National Hockey League organization. Nearly 90 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and more than 100 honored members of the Hockey Hall of Fame spent time in the AHL in their careers.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2020
- Amerks Double up Rocket to Close out Homestand - Rochester Americans
- Comeback Falls Short as IceHogs Edge Stars 5-4 - Texas Stars
- Penguins Lose to Crunch, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bunnaman Returns to Phantoms and Scores Twice in 5-3 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bellows scores twice, Hickey records three assists on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barre-Boulet Nets Hat Trick in 4-3 Crunch Win over Penguins - Syracuse Crunch
- Penalties Stop Monsters in 5-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Power Play Dominates in Cleveland Win - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Storm Back to Top T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack Topped by Binghamton, 5-3 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Boucher's Five-Point Night Carries Comets Past Marlies - Utica Comets
- Studenic Catches Fire In 5-3 Win Over Wolf Pack - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Kick off Weekend in Upstate New York Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Moves to Las Vegas - Henderson Silver Knights
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Purchase of Franchise by Vegas Golden Knights - AHL
- Moose Trade Alexis D'Aoust to Charlotte - Manitoba Moose
- LA Kings Recall Mikey Anderson - Ontario Reign
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Matt Bartkowski from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, February 28, 2020 - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Keep Momentum Friday against San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Griffins' Popular Star Wars Night Returns on March 7 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Jets Recall C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Navigate "Three-In-Three" this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Griffins Sign McCarron to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Joshua Ho-Sang Loaned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Monsters, February 28 - Belleville Senators
- Game 53 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.