Ads Fall to IceHogs in OT
Milwaukee, WI--The Milwaukee Admirals fell to the Rockford Ice Hogs in 4-3 in overtime on Sunday afternoon at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Back to back goals by Rockford's Jeremy Morin in the 3rd period erased a two-goal Milwaukee lead and helped send the game into overtime where the IceHogs won it with just 20.2 seconds to play in OT on a goal by Adam Clendening.
The Admirals got on the board first when Vinny Saponari found the back of the net for his seventh goal of the season. Miikka Salomaki took the puck across the blue line into the Rockford zone and made a pass to Saponari at the top of the right circle. Saponari held the puck past a defender then wristed one top left past Jason LaBarbera to give the Admirals a 1-0 lead with 7:22 left in the 1st.
The Ice Hogs tied the game at one with 2:43 left in the 1st period when Alex Broadhurst scored on a piece of bad luck for the Admirals. Broadhurst fired a shot from the slot that was stopped by Marek Mazenec, but the rebound hit off of a broken stick in front of the Ads next and ricocheted back past Mazenec.
The Admirals reclaimed the lead with 7:16 left in the second when Filip Forsberg made a pass to Mark Van Guilder in the slot. Van Guilder chipped one over an Ice Hogs stick to Simon Moser to the left of the crease. Moser gave it to Miikka Salomaki on the opposite side of the net, who hacked at the puck and it went in the back of the net to put the Admirals up 2-1. Van Guilder and Moser were credited with the assists on the play.
Joonas Jarvinen gave the Admirals a 3-1 lead with 50 seconds left in the 2nd period. Jarvinen was skating across the blue line when he got a pass from Moser. He split two defenders and slide the puck five hole for his second goal of the season.
Only 2:20 in the 3rd period the Ice Hogs pulled within one goal. Jeremy Morin wristed one top left to make the score 3-2 and then just 23 seconds later Mortin struck again when he went on a 2-on-1 rush with Alex Broadhurst. Broadhurst found Morin for a one-timer and his second goal of the game.
The Ice Hogs won the game in overtime with only 20.2 seconds left after a failed clearing attempt by the Admirals. Klas Dahlbeck held the puck in the offensive zone and gave it to Adam Clendening at the opposite point. Clendening wound up and slapped one past Mazanec for the victory.
The Admirals are off until they travel to Iowa to take on the Wild Friday January 31st. They are back on home ice Saturday February 1st against the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 pm.
Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or by logging on to the Admirals website at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com. Groups of ten or more receive a minimum of $2 off each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets fans should call (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2014
- Ads Fall to IceHogs in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Go Pink, Fall to Hartford in Third - Adirondack Phantoms
- Morin Sets the Stage for Comeback - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Hold off Crunch 6-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Fast, Miller Lead Wolf Pack over Adirondack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Fall to Marlies in Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Marlies Finish Weekend with 3-2 Win over Lake Erie - Toronto Marlies
- Rampage Comeback Sinks Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Rally to Defeat Griffins 6-5 in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Downed 6-5 by Sound Tigers - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Suffer Shutout Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Grubauer, Bears Blank Penguins for Eighth Straight Home Win - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Drop Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Recall Chris Breen from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Skate Pass Bulldogs 4-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Win Wild 4-3 Shootout over the Monarchs at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Pirates Outlast Falcons in Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- Florida Reassigns D Alex Petrovic to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Take Bite out of Perfect Weekend - Manchester Monarchs
- Devils Fall To Senators - Albany Devils
- P-Bruins Fall to IceCaps 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- IceCAps Beat Bruins 3-1 for Fourth Straight Win - St. John's IceCaps
- Miele, Brown Help Pirates Snap Streak in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Big First Period Leads B-Sens Past Devils - Binghamton Senators
- Head Coach Mike Haviland Unavailable for Sunday's Game - Hershey Bears
- Flames Assign Shane O'Brien to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Detroit Assigns Samuelsson - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Win in OT - Utica Comets
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Preview: Pirates Look to Snap Streak against Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Texas Stars Return Goaltender Pat Nagle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Heat Lose to the Comets 4-3 in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- One Goal Games Goes Hogs' Way this Time - Rockford IceHogs
- Sens Fall to Amerks 5-2 - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.