Aces Forward Olivier Archambault Selected to ECHL All-Star Team
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Alaska Aces announced today in conjunction with the ECHL that rookie left winger Olivier Archambault (Ar-SHAMM-boh) has been named to the ECHL All-Star Team for the upcoming 2015 CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic, hosted by the Orlando Solar Bears on Wednesday, Jan. 21.
Archambault, 21, will represent the Aces as the league's leader in goals (18) among rookies, also ranking tied for third among league rookies with 31 points (18g-13a) in 30 games. His eight power play points and six power play assists lead the Aces and his three game-winning goals are tied for the club lead.
Archambault was named the league's rookie of the month for November with 14 points and eight goals, leading the Aces to a 7-4-0 record.
Each of the three previous Aces in the All-Star Game were selected as rookies. Defenseman William Wrenn - currently skating with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League - represented Alaska at the All-Star Game in Colorado in 2013, while forward Chris Langkow - currently with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL) - earned a spot in Bakersfield for the 2011 contest.
Archambault, currently skating under contract with the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League, previously skated with Val d'Or, Drummondville and Quebec of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League for four seasons with 231 points in 270 games.
Archambault made his pro debut with Hamilton of the AHL in 2012-13 with two points in 10 games and was originally selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the fourth round (108th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
More than 60 players from the ECHL All-Star Game have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 46 since 2002 when the lineups began having players who coaches felt were prospects to move up to a higher level.
Television information for the 2015 CCM / ECHL All-Star Classic will be announced soon.
Archambault and the Aces return to play tomorrow, continuing a six-game road trip against the Idaho Steelheads at 5:10 p.m. (KFQD/ECHL.TV) from CenturyLink Arena.
The Aces are the official ECHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League. Season ticket and sponsorship packages are currently available through the Aces office at 15th & Gambell. For more information, please call the Aces at 907.258.ACES or visit them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alaskaaceshockey or visit them on Twitter, @AlaskaAces.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2015
- Stingrays Win in Shootout, 2-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Take Down Gladiators 2-1 in the Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Matt Mangene Selected as An ECHL All-Star - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Add Two in Trio of Trades - Indy Fuel
- Defenseman Garrett Haar Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - South Carolina Stingrays
- Eagles Make Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Rush Acquire Griggs off Waivers, Davis from SPHL - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Gauthier Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Wichita Thunder
- Lukas Sutter Named CCM/ECHL All-Star - Stockton Thunder
- Tyson Fawcett Named as ECHL All-Star Alternate - Brampton Beast
- Byron Froese Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bruneteau Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Indy Fuel
- Myles Bell Earns ECHL All-Star Game Selection - Evansville IceMen
- K-Wings' Valk Named to All-Star Team - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roy Named to ECHL All Star Team - Idaho Steelheads
- Connor Jones Named to the 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Forward Olivier Archambault Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Alaska Aces
- Royals Forward Cam Reid Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Reading Royals
- Shamanski to Represent Jackals at ECHL All-Star Game - Elmira Jackals
- Warriors' Malcolm Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alex Krushelnyski Named ECHL All-Star - Utah Grizzlies
- Scott Macaulay Earns Spot on ECHL All-Star Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Chris Crane Named to 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brenden Walker Named All-Star Alternate - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oslanski Named as An All-Star Alternate - Rapid City Rush
- Reserves and Alternates Named for 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Cyclones Teddy Bear Toss Garners More Than 3,600 Stuffed Toys - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Al Sims to Make Coaching Debut Friday against Missouri - Evansville IceMen
- Milner Called up by AHL's Iowa Wild - Quad City Mallards
- Gladiators Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Gladiators Tonight in First Contest of 2015 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 8 - ECHL
- Reign Pour Offense on Condors in 5-1 Rout - Ontario Reign
- Chris Francis rolls with three point game, Aces 5-0-2 in 7 games - Alaska Aces
- Slow Start Hurts Condors in Loss to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Can't Catch Alaska - Utah Grizzlies
- Maxwell Scores Two Special Teams Goals but Thunder Fall to Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Notch Twentieth Win, 5-2, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Eagles Outlast Thunder 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.