Warriors' Malcolm Named to ECHL All-Star Team
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Road Warriors, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, are excited to announce goaltender Jeff Malcolm has been selected to represent the team in the 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by Visit Orlando on Jan. 21st in Orlando, Florida.
"I'm extremely honored by the selection," Malcolm said, "I'm really looking forward to representing the Road Warriors organization, my teammates, and the successes we have had as a team so far this season."
"The League's All-Star weekend is full of great events and I am proud to head to Orlando to represent Greenville in all of the festivities."
Malcolm has consistently been one of the league's top goaltenders this season and was named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Oct. 20-26 after going 2-0-0 with a 0.50 goals against average, .977 save percentage and one shutout. Overall, the 25-year old is 12-7-0 this season with a 2.58 goals against average and .977 save percentage through 19 starts. He made a season-high 45 saves on Nov. 9th in a 2-1 victory at Orlando.
A majority of Malcolm's early-season success has come on SANDLAPPER Securities Rink at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. In his first six appearances at home, Malcolm went 6-0-0 with a 1.48 goals against average and .943 save percentage. He has also notched his first professional shutout, a 3-0 victory over South Carolina in the home opener.
In addition, Malcolm earned one call-up to AHL Hartford this season and recorded a 35-save victory on Dec. 12th against Worcester.
A native of Lethbridge, Alberta, Malcolm spent 27 games with the Road Warriors last season and posted a 13-9-3 record with a 2.90 goals against average and .912 save percentage. He also started six games with Hartford, where he recorded his first professional win on Nov. 27, 2013, a 4-1 win against Portland. Overall, Malcolm went 1-3-0 with a 2.85 goals against average and .888 save percentage with the Wolf Pack in 2013-14.
Prior to turning pro, the 6'2, 179-pound netminder played four seasons at Yale University, where he finished second among Eastern Colligate Athletic Conference (ECAC) goaltenders in wins (20) during his senior campaign in 2012-13. He completed his collegiate career by posting a 36-save shutout in the national championship game to backstop the Bulldogs to their first-ever Frozen Four title. Overall, Malcolm appeared in 67 games at Yale and earned a record of 36-21-4 with a 2.60 goals against average, a .907 save percentage and six shutouts.
Follow : Keep up with the Road Warriors all season long and interact with other fans on the Official Road Warriors Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest and Instagram pages.
Next Game: The Road Warriors kick off another three-game series on Friday when they welcome the Fort Wayne Komets to the Bon Secours Wellness Arena at 7:00 p.m. for "Warrior Appreciation Night" presented by North American Rescue. Fans are encouraged to join the Road Warriors as we salute the members of the U.S. Military as well as local police officers, firefighters and first responders. Greenville will also sport special "Warrior Appreciation" jerseys that will be auctioned off following the contest. In addition, the popular "Warrior Fun Pack" returns, featuring (4) red level tickets, (4) hot dogs, (4) bags of chips, (4) small fountain drinks and (2) Warriors drawstring bags for just $60!
This Saturday is "Star Wars Night" featuring a Star Wars youth jersey giveaway. The first 1,000 kids 12 and under will receive a limited edition Warriors youth Star Wars jersey presented by HOT 98.1 FM, Chuck 97.7 FM and X98.5 FM.
On Sunday, skate with your favorite Road Warriors' players on SANDLAPPER Securities Rink following the game for "Family Fun Day!" Warrior Fun Packs are also available, which include (4) red level tickets, (4) hot dogs, (4) bags of chips, (4) small fountain drinks and (2) Warriors drawstring bags for just $60!
For tickets or more information, please call a Road Warriors Account Executive at 864-674-PUCK or visit GreenvilleRoadWarriors.com/tickets-overview.html ! Go to ECHL.TV to listen for free or watch the games live.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2015
- Stingrays Win in Shootout, 2-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Take Down Gladiators 2-1 in the Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Matt Mangene Selected as An ECHL All-Star - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Add Two in Trio of Trades - Indy Fuel
- Defenseman Garrett Haar Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - South Carolina Stingrays
- Eagles Make Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Rush Acquire Griggs off Waivers, Davis from SPHL - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Gauthier Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Wichita Thunder
- Lukas Sutter Named CCM/ECHL All-Star - Stockton Thunder
- Tyson Fawcett Named as ECHL All-Star Alternate - Brampton Beast
- Byron Froese Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bruneteau Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Indy Fuel
- Myles Bell Earns ECHL All-Star Game Selection - Evansville IceMen
- K-Wings' Valk Named to All-Star Team - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roy Named to ECHL All Star Team - Idaho Steelheads
- Connor Jones Named to the 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Forward Olivier Archambault Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Alaska Aces
- Royals Forward Cam Reid Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Reading Royals
- Shamanski to Represent Jackals at ECHL All-Star Game - Elmira Jackals
- Warriors' Malcolm Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alex Krushelnyski Named ECHL All-Star - Utah Grizzlies
- Scott Macaulay Earns Spot on ECHL All-Star Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Chris Crane Named to 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brenden Walker Named All-Star Alternate - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oslanski Named as An All-Star Alternate - Rapid City Rush
- Reserves and Alternates Named for 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Cyclones Teddy Bear Toss Garners More Than 3,600 Stuffed Toys - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Al Sims to Make Coaching Debut Friday against Missouri - Evansville IceMen
- Milner Called up by AHL's Iowa Wild - Quad City Mallards
- Gladiators Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Gladiators Tonight in First Contest of 2015 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 8 - ECHL
- Reign Pour Offense on Condors in 5-1 Rout - Ontario Reign
- Chris Francis rolls with three point game, Aces 5-0-2 in 7 games - Alaska Aces
- Slow Start Hurts Condors in Loss to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Can't Catch Alaska - Utah Grizzlies
- Maxwell Scores Two Special Teams Goals but Thunder Fall to Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Notch Twentieth Win, 5-2, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Eagles Outlast Thunder 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.