Gauthier Named to ECHL All-Star Team
Wichita, KS (Jan. 8th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, are excited to announce that forward Danick Gauthier has been selected to the ECHL All-Star Team for the upcoming 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, presented by Visit Orlando on Wednesday, January 21st at the Amway Center. Gauthier (GO-tee-ay) will be the lone Thunder representative joining a team comprised of ECHL All-Stars who will face the Orlando Solar Bears.
Gauthier, 23, has been terrific in his first season with the Thunder and becomes the team's first-ever player to appear in the ECHL All-Star Classic. In his third year as a pro, The Tampa Bay Lightning product is tied for second in the ECHL in power play points with 13 (5g, 8a) and leads Wichita in goals with 14. A native of Brossard, PQ, the 6-foot-2, 207-pound forward split time between the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League and the Florida Everblades last year. He appeared in 19 games with the Crunch, posting seven points (3g, 4a) and 30 games in Florida, notching 17 points (5g, 12a).
Prior to turning pro, Gauthier played 219 career games in the QMJHL, amassing 146 points (76g, 70a) with the Saint John Sea Dogs and Shawinigan Cataractes. His best season came during 2011-12 when he tallied 47 goals and 86 points in 66 games with the Sea Dogs.
The starting lineups are determined in a vote of coaches, team captains, media relations directors, broadcasters and members of the media. Coaches also submit the players who they feel are the top prospects from their team and other teams in their conference which helps determine the final roster. Each of the ECHL teams has either a starter, reserve or alternate named for the ECHL All-Star Classic.
More than 60 players from the ECHL All-Star Game have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 46 since 2002 when the lineups began having players who coaches felt were prospects to move up to a higher level. To view the full roster for 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Game, click here
Wichita has a day off before beginning a three-in-three on Friday night against Quad City at 7:05 p.m. The Thunder returns home on Saturday evening to host the Evansville IceMen for a pair of games.
Individual tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 8, 2015
- Stingrays Win in Shootout, 2-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Take Down Gladiators 2-1 in the Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Matt Mangene Selected as An ECHL All-Star - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Add Two in Trio of Trades - Indy Fuel
- Defenseman Garrett Haar Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - South Carolina Stingrays
- Eagles Make Series of Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - January 8 - ECHL
- Rush Acquire Griggs off Waivers, Davis from SPHL - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspensions - ECHL
- Gauthier Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Wichita Thunder
- Lukas Sutter Named CCM/ECHL All-Star - Stockton Thunder
- Tyson Fawcett Named as ECHL All-Star Alternate - Brampton Beast
- Byron Froese Selected to 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bruneteau Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Indy Fuel
- Myles Bell Earns ECHL All-Star Game Selection - Evansville IceMen
- K-Wings' Valk Named to All-Star Team - Kalamazoo Wings
- Roy Named to ECHL All Star Team - Idaho Steelheads
- Connor Jones Named to the 2015 ECHL All-Star Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Forward Olivier Archambault Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Alaska Aces
- Royals Forward Cam Reid Selected to ECHL All-Star Team - Reading Royals
- Shamanski to Represent Jackals at ECHL All-Star Game - Elmira Jackals
- Warriors' Malcolm Named to ECHL All-Star Team - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alex Krushelnyski Named ECHL All-Star - Utah Grizzlies
- Scott Macaulay Earns Spot on ECHL All-Star Team - Tulsa Oilers
- Milner Named ECHL All-Star Alternate - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Chris Crane Named to 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brenden Walker Named All-Star Alternate - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oslanski Named as An All-Star Alternate - Rapid City Rush
- Reserves and Alternates Named for 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Cyclones Teddy Bear Toss Garners More Than 3,600 Stuffed Toys - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Al Sims to Make Coaching Debut Friday against Missouri - Evansville IceMen
- Milner Called up by AHL's Iowa Wild - Quad City Mallards
- Gladiators Game Preview: Stingrays at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Visit Gladiators Tonight in First Contest of 2015 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 8 - ECHL
- Reign Pour Offense on Condors in 5-1 Rout - Ontario Reign
- Chris Francis rolls with three point game, Aces 5-0-2 in 7 games - Alaska Aces
- Slow Start Hurts Condors in Loss to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Can't Catch Alaska - Utah Grizzlies
- Maxwell Scores Two Special Teams Goals but Thunder Fall to Colorado - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Notch Twentieth Win, 5-2, over Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Eagles Outlast Thunder 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.