Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This WeekendOctober 18, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
Three games in three days await the Chocolate and White starting Friday night in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton against the Penguins. Faceoff Friday is at 7:05 p.m. in the second meeting of 10 this season between the I-81 rivals. The Adirondack Phantoms play at Giant Center this Saturday and Sunday for a pair of games. Saturday's faceoff is 7:00 p.m., and Sunday's showdown is slated for 5:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the GIANT Center box office or by calling (717) 534- 3911.
Turn back the clock night: At 32 years of age, Brian Willsie picked up four points Friday in a 7-1 win at Binghamton. Willsie, who scored 19 goals for HERSHEY back in 1998-99, has returned to Chocolatetown this season for the first time since 2002-03. A native of Belmont, Ontario, Willsie is third on the team in scoring as the new week begins.
Souray makes his debut: Defenseman Sheldon Souray made his HERSHEY debut on Friday night in Binghamton, picking up an assist in a 7-1 victory. Souray was acquired on loan prior to the regular season opener on loan from the Edmonton Oilers.
Gordon gets it going: Right wing Andrew Gordon carries a three-game goal streak into Friday's game at Wilkes- Barre/Scranton. Gordon's streak began with a game-winning goal last Sunday at Rochester, which was followed by a three-point night in Binghamton against the Senators.
Practice schedule: HERSHEY will skate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. at Giant Center for practice this week.
Bouchard bringing it: Right wing Francois Bouchard was named the game's number one star Friday in Binghamton, scoring a pair of goal to pace the offense.
Upcoming promotions: Saturday, October 23 is Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light poster schedule night when the BEARS take on the Adirondack Phantoms. A free BEARS poster schedule to the first 4,000 fans in attendance. Sunday, October 24 is MTM Recognition Replica Calder Cup ring keychain night, with the first 7,000 fans receiving a free Calder Cup ring keychain as they come through the gates.
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.