Lions Earn First Home Win of 2017 with Defeat of Firebirds
The Columbus Lions defeated the Georgia Firebirds last night 63-50 before a rowdy Jungle crowd, which was much more of a challenge than anticipated by players, coaches and fans alike. After a drubbing on two separate occasions in 2016, the Firebirds came into the Columbus Civic Center focused and ready. After a few minutes of play, the Lions quickly realized that this Firebirds team was clearly different than last year's. The Lions jumped out to an early 12-0 lead after a quick touchdown driv...
Paid Partner Content
- Potential owner reveals new name, big plans for Columbus hockey team
- Cavs-Warriors Part III joins past championship trilogies
- Lions coach hopes team can work out any issues with Johnson
- Columbus Lions romp Dayton 77-0 in front of record crowd at Civic Center
- Deadline for Columbus Cottonmouths to be sold or cease operations approaches