Wittchow Heads to Hershey
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Hershey Bears, the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the South Carolina Stingrays, announced that defenseman Ed Wittchow has been recalled from loan on Wednesday. The 27-year-old blueliner will rejoin Hershey after appearing in four games with South Carolina during the past week while posting five points on two goals and three assists.
Previously, Wittchow saw 19 games of action with the Bears this season while recalled from Nov. 25 to Feb. 13 and scored eight points on four goals and four assists.
The Burnsville, Minn. native began the season in South Carolina and appeared in 15 games with the Rays while posting seven points on three goals and four assists along with a +7 rating. Overall, Wittchow has played 19 games with the Stingrays during 2019-20 while scoring 12 points (five goals, seven assists).
Wittchow signed an AHL contract with the Bears in August to return to North America for his fourth professional season after playing the 2018-19 year with KooKoo Kouvola in Finland. The defender was originally drafted in the 6th round by the Florida Panthers in the 2011 NHL Draft.
The Stingrays are home at the North Charleston Coliseum for two more games this weekend, first battling the Atlanta Gladiators on Saturday at 6:05 p.m. for Star Wars Night before hosting the Worcester Railers on Sunday afternoon at 3:05.
- Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays defenseman Ed Wittchow
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2020
- Albert's Four Assists Engineers IceMen to 5-1 Win over Railers - Jacksonville IceMen
- Sorenson Leads Comeback, But Banged up Wings Fall in Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Dominate Second Period for 6-3 Win at Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Abt Scores Twice, But Nailers Fall Short - Wheeling Nailers
- No Sunshine for Worcester in 5-1 Loss to Jacksonville - Worcester Railers HC
- Kile Scores Twice as Mariners Win Third Straight in Newfoundland - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Tamed by the Mariners 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Add Milan Ahead of Rematch against Utah - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - February 19 - ECHL
- Sosunov Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Wittchow Heads to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: Florida Meets Orlando to Open Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Knodel Recalled to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Railers at IceMen, February 19, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - 3 on the Road - Toledo Walleye
- Register to Paint the Ice for Hockey Fights Cancer - Atlanta Gladiators
- Free Beer Fest at Friday, February 21 Game - Reading Royals
- Try Hockey for Free this Saturday at the Wichita Ice Center - Wichita Thunder
- F Pascal Laberge Reassigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Schedule Gets Busy, Royals Seek Seventh Straight Win - Reading Royals
- Americans Shutout Tulsa 4-0 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.