Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 5, 2022
Overall Record: 7-9-0-1, 5th Central Division, Current Streak: 1 Loss
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
December 2 at Cincinnati (4-1 Win)
December 3 vs. Cincinnati (2-1 SO Win)
December 4 at Wheeling (4-3 Loss)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
December 7 vs. Kalamazoo at 10:35 a.m. (10:30 a.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
December 9 at Kalamazoo at 7 p.m. (6:45 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230)
December 10 vs. Indy at 7:15 p.m. (7 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
December 11 vs. Fort Wayne at 5:15 p.m. (5 p.m., Fox Sports Radio 1230, BCSN)
Two of three isn't bad: Toledo used back-to-back wins over their rivals Cincinnati to finish the week with four of a possible six points this past week. The Walleye used two goals from Gordie Green and Lukas Craggs Friday night for a 4-1 win. Saturday night it was goaltender John Lethemon stopping all three Cincinnati shooters in the shootout for a 2-1 win. Toledo battled Sunday but dropped a 4-3 decision at Wheeling.
Close to a trick: Gordie Green and Lukas Craggs each scored a pair of goals Friday in Cincinnati, and they became the third and fourth Walleye players to reach two goals in a single game this year. Kurt Gosselin and Thomas Ebbing are the other two that have done that without any of the four reaching the magical three goal night.
Another home game, another sellout: Another capacity crowd of 8,038 was at the Huntington Center last night to witness Toledo's second straight home win. This marked the 233rd all-time sellout in Walleye history. Toledo has had 205 of those in the regular season and another 28 in the playoffs. For the year, the Walleye are averaging 7,464 fans per game, which is second to Fort Wayne in the ECHL.
Huntington Center is busy this week: Toledo has four games in five days once again but this week it features three of those inside the Huntington Center. The first games are against Toledo's Michigan rivals the Kalamazoo Wings. The Walleye are 1-2-0 against Kalamazoo this year. The Walleye have the state of Indiana ahead for the weekend with Indy in T-Town on Saturday and then Fort Wayne Sunday. Toledo dropped the only meeting so far with Indy and is 2-1-0 against the Komets.
Walleye Player of the Week:
Joseph Nardi (0 goals - 3 assists = 3 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Sebastian Cossa (1-1-0, 2.50 GAA, .900 save %)
Images from this story
Toledo Walleye Teddy Bear Toss
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2022
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- K-Wings Receive Forward Marc Gatcomb & Defenseman Quinn Schmiemann on Loan from Canucks (AHL) - Kalamazoo Wings
- Report Card Night this Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 5 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Weekly, December 5 - Wichita Thunder
- Evan Barratt Assigned to Royals by Flyers - Reading Royals
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Weekly: Road Trip Continues in Jacksonville - Utah Grizzlies
- Stingrays Weekly Report: December 5, 2022 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Receive Pavel Cajan on Loan from Monsters (AHL) - Kalamazoo Wings
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 8 - Idaho Steelheads
- Clay Stevenson Re-Assigned to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Glads Weekly - Atlanta Gladiators
- Worcester Railers Weekly Update - Week 7 - Worcester Railers HC
- VOZZI Named "Official Text Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly: Kalamazoo Grabs 2-Points in Florida, Hosts Two this Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 5, 2022 - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.