Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak
Edinburg, Texas - The Iowa Wolves (16-25) failed to overcome a 25-point first half deficit, losing 142-117 on the road Friday night to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (28-13).
The loss snapped a three-game win streak for the Wolves, putting the team at 5-14 on the road this season.
C.J. Williams led the charge offensively for Iowa, finishing with 24 points while shooting 8-of-13 from the field. The two-way guard sank a game-high six three-pointers for Iowa.
Darius Johnson-Odom tallied his 12th straight game with 20 or more points, posting 22 points and a team-high six assists in the loss.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin missed out on a double-double for the first time in four games, finishing with 14 points, five rebounds and five assists for the Wolves.
The 142 points allowed defensively by the Wolves was the most allowed to an opponent all season.
As a team the Vipers shot 56.0% from the floor and converted 20-of-44 (45.5%) three-point attempts.
Two-way guard Danuel House Jr. poured in a game-high 27 points while shooting 50.0% from the field for Rio Grande Valley. Houston Rockets assignee Isaiah Hartenstein added 24 points and a game-high 18 rebounds.
Iowa continues its three-game road trip tomorrow night against the Texas Legends at 7:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.