Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (22-14), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce (23-16) 130-108 at NYCB LIVE, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Brooklyn two-way forward/center Alan Williams logged another double-double, his 22nd of the season, with 20 points and 13 rebounds along with five assists, two steals and two blocks in 30 minutes. Long Island guard Shannon Scott stuffed the stat sheet with 15 points, six rebounds, six assists, a steal and two blocks in 28 minutes. Long Island guard Tahjere McCall scored 17 points with five rebounds, three assists and two steals in 21 minutes off the bench.
The game got off to a slow start with both teams shooting under 40 percent from the floor in the first quarter, including Long Island holding Sioux Falls scoreless for the first 3:51 minutes of the game. The Nets ended up taking a two-point lead into the second quarter, 23-21.
Long Island got hot in the second quarter, scoring 36 points in the quarter alone off 46 percent shooting in the quarter. Shannon Scott led the way in the second quarter with nine points off 3-for-3 shooting from 3-point range. The Nets took a 13-point lead into halftime by a score of 59-46.
The hot shooting didn't stop after the break, as the Nets scored 42 points in the third quarter, outscoring the Skyforce 42-33 in the third and extending to a 22-point lead going into the final period. Long Island would coast to the finish line in the fourth, defeating Sioux Falls by a final score of 130-108.
Sioux Falls forward Raphiael Putney led the way for the Skyforce with a game-high 26 points to go along with a team-high nine rebounds, two assists, two steals and two blocks in 41 minutes. Skyforce guard Jarvis Threatt scored 17 points with two rebounds, seven assists and a block in 26 minutes.
Long Island will head to Mississauga to take on the Raptors 905 on Saturday, Feb. 23, at 2 p.m. ET, while the Skyforce will head to Mississauga as well, to take on the Raptors 905 on Sunday, Feb. 24, at 2 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Complete Fourth Quarter Comeback to Defeat Maine at Home
- Long Island Nets Fall to Fort Wayne in Tightly-Contested Affair
- Long Island Nets to Honor Towns of Islip, Oyster Bay and Hempstead at Select Home Games in January
- Long Island Battles Back in Second Half But Falls to Wisconsin
- Long Island Nets Defeat Erie BayHawks on Devin Cannady's Career Night