Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City
Hoffman Estates, Ill. - The Windy City Bulls (21-18) defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 119-112, at the Sears Centre on Friday night.
Omari Johnson finished with second consecutive 28-point performance on 10-of-19 shooting on Friday night. Johnson led the Mad Ants (19-19) in scoring with five made shots from beyond the arc.
Rob Gray concluded his night with his first career triple-double, highlighted by 14 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds.
Ike Nwamu and Stephan Hicks each converted for 17 points in the final showdown between the two teams jostling for position at the top of the central division.
Chicago native Jovan Mooring came off the bench for his second double-digit scoring game in only his second game with the Mad Ants.
Windy City finished with three players pitching in at least 20 points to even the season series up with Fort Wayne. Brandon Sampson led Windy City with 24, while Kaiser Gates and Walt Lemon Jr. added 23 and 21 points respectively.
Lemon's 23 points were a part of a triple-double of his own on the night.
Friday night was only the third game in NBA G League history featuring a player on each team in the same game recording a triple-double.
The Mad Ants wrap up its final back-to-back sequence of the regular season on Saturday night at home against Canton. Windy City will head out on the road for a Sunday afternoon date at Maine.
Tickets are available for tomorrow's "Luau Night, presented by Crazy Pinz" game by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. from Windy City
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday