Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (24-17), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, went up by as many as 17 points before settling on a 120-106 final over the Grand Rapids Drive (19-20), Friday evening at Westchester County Center.
The Knicks were led by Jameel Warney who poured in 23 points on 62.5-percent shooting. He also hauled a team-high 12 boards and dished eight assists on the night.
Two-Way player Kadeem Allen scored 20 points in his first game back since January 26. He tied a game-high 10 assists. Two-Way player Isaiah Hicks netted 18 points and is now averaging 19.0 points in his two-game transfer to Westchester. He also raised for four blocks. Billy Garrett came away with 20 points.
Marcus Thornton tallied 28 points for Grand Rapids. Adam Woodbury finished with 16 points and a game-high 17 rebounds. Kenneth Smith had 24 points.
The game endured 15 lead changes and saw seven deadlocked scores. While the Knicks went up by as many as 17 points, the Drive only held an advantage as big five.
Westchester has won two straight and four of its last five games.
The Knicks end a three-game homestand Sunday, February 24 against the Lakeland Magic at 3:00 PM (ET).
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/L2WGOp2VEnE
Watch Jameel Warney's highlights here - https://youtu.be/b555wANcwx4
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.