Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Agua Caliente Clippers' hot shooting night allowed them to take down the Wisconsin Herd, 121-93, at Menominee Nation Arena on Friday night.
The Clippers came out strong, shooting 46 percent from the field in the opening half compared to Wisconsin's 37 percent. However, the biggest discrepancy between the two came from beyond the arc. The Clippers made eight of their 18 attempts from deep (44.4 percent), while the Herd only connected on two of nine (22.2 percent) from three-point range, allowing Agua Caliente to enter the break with a 58-41 lead.
Agua Caliente's dominant first half was powered by forward Desi Rodriguez's team-high 13 points and center Angel Delgado's 10-point, 11-rebound first half double-double. Wisconsin had one player in double figures by halftime, Bucks assignee Christian Wood, who was tied for a game-high with 13 points.
Wisconsin outshot Agua Caliente from the field in the second half, getting half of their shots to fall (19-38) compared to the Clippers' 43.4 percent. However, Agua Caliente ultimately outscored the Herd in the final half, 63-52, due to their success from long range. The Clippers went 9-for-17 (52.9 percent) from deep, compared to Wisconsin's 20-percent clip.
The Clippers had seven players score in double figures in the win. Angel Delgado carried the offensive load with 21 points and 16 rebounds. Guard Manu Lacomte added 19 points, while dishing a game-high six assists.
Wisconsin saw another solid performance out of assignee Christian Wood, who tallied his 18th double-double of the season with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Guard Trevon Duval chipped in 17 points and six rebounds while grabbing three steals.
Both teams have home games Sunday, with the Herd taking on the Greensboro Swarm and the Clippers squaring off against the Austin Spurs.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Jaylen Adams Named NBA G League Player of the Week
- Herd Extends Winning Streak to Five, Downs Stockton 107-101
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Herd Past Santa Cruz
- Adams' 39-Point Effort Leads Herd to a 122-115 Victory over Grand Rapids
- Wisconsin Downs Erie 139-120 and Collects 20th Win of the Season