Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie
ERIE, PA - The Canton Charge (14-23), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, led nearly wire-to-wire in a 104-95 win over the Erie BayHawks (17-20) on Friday night at the Erie Insurance Arena. Playing as the Erie Wave to pay homage to the city's past minor league roots, the BayHawks had a streak of 36 straight 100+ point scoring games snapped at the hands of the Charge.
Canton led by as many as 23 points on the night and never trailed, with just three ties occurring early in the foray. Erie made a run to cut their deficit to 95-91 with 2:26 left to play, but the Charge finished the game on a 13-4 run to hold on and improve to 28-12 all-time against Erie. Canton was led by Deng Adel's 22 points on 9-of-16 from the floor and six rebounds in 34 minutes. Jaron Blossomgame added 15 points and eight boards in 32 minutes. Scoochie Smith scored 10 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter to go along with four rebounds, six assists and two steals in 35 minutes.
Alex Poythress led Erie with a double-double of 20 points and 10 boards with two blocks in 36 minutes. Activated for the first time before tipoff after being acquired from a trade earlier this week, Cat Barber came off the bench to score 22 points and dish out eight assists in 37 minutes. Jeremy Hollowell scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Wave.
The Charge stay in the division for a road matchup against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Saturday, February 23rd at 7:00 PM (TV: Facebook Live; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Johnson Scores 28, Gray Finishes with Triple Double for Mad Ants at Windy City - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Clippers' Long-Range Shooting Overwhelms Herd - Wisconsin Herd
- Walter Lemon's Triple-Double Leads Windy City to a 119-112 Victory over Divison Rival Fort Wayne - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Mount 25-Point Comeback to Earn Road Win - Salt Lake City Stars
- Magic Fall to Stars - Lakeland Magic
- Vipers Snap Wolves Winning Streak - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Maine Escapes With Win Despite 22 Blue Coats Threes - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Credit Two 20-Point Scorers in Win over Drive - Westchester Knicks
- Vipers Snap Wolves Three-Game Win Streak - Iowa Wolves
- Houston Rockets Sign Chris Chiozza to 10-Day Contract - Capital City Go-Go
- Canton Roars Past Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Fall to Knicks Friday Night in New York - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Ride the Wave to Victory in Erie - Canton Charge
- Dozier Wins Game at Buzzer in OT - Maine Red Claws
- Houston Rockets Sign Terrence Jones to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks' College Park NBA G League Affiliate Set to Become the Skyhawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Heat Recalls Emanuel Terry from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Houston Rockets Assign Guard Chris Chiozzo to Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle to Host Final Installment of 'Dog Days of Winter' on Tuesday, February 26 at 7 p.m. - Memphis Hustle
- Wisconsin Herd to Wear Throwback-Themed Uniforms at Tonight's Game - Wisconsin Herd
- San Antonio Assigns Lonnie Walker Iv to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Hornets Assign Bacon and Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Westchester, Grand Rapids Set for Friday Night Clash - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Defeats Sioux Falls Behind Eight Double-Digit Scorers - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Cavaliers Sign Dean Wade to Two-Way Contract
- Update on Dan Gilbert's Health
- Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Monsters and Canton Charge Announce New-Look-Game Entertainment Teams
- Salt Lake City Summer League Announces Game Schedule
- Running of the Bulls - Charge Cap off Campaign with Win