Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced today that they have acquired the returning player rights to Cam Oliver from Delaware Blue Coats. In return, RGV has exchanged the returning player rights to Michael Frazier to Delaware.
Oliver (6-8, 225 lbs.) is currently a part of Cairns from the Australian National Basketball League. He has averaged 16.7 points, 8.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.6 blocks in 29.0 minutes of action. Oliver has made 29 starts of 30 games played thus far.
Prior to Cairns, Oliver made 26 appearances (14 starts) for the Blue Coats during the 2018-19 campaign. In 26.6 minutes per game, Oliver averaged 15.6 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.2 steals and 2.1 blocks. He shot 58.7% from the field and 76.8% from the paint.
During the 2017-18 season, Oliver spent time with Wisconsin Herd prior to being traded to Delaware. With Wisconsin, Oliver appeared in 21 games (nine starts), averaging 11.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists while shooting 48.6% from the field. For the remainder of the season, Oliver appeared in 18 games (three starts) for the Blue Coats. He averaged 9.6 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 blocks in 24.6 minutes of play.
Frazier is currently in an NBA two-way contract with the Houston Rockets and RGV Vipers. This season, Frazier has started in 14 games, averaging 16.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.3 steals. He has shot 42.6% from the field while shooting 61.1% from the free-throw line. Appearing in eight games for the Rockets, Frazier has averaged 1.8 points in just 8.2 minutes of action.
The Vipers will face Santa Cruz Warriors on the road on Friday, February 28. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.