Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario, the NBA G League affiliate of the Los Angeles Clippers, announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to guard Rodney Purvis from the Sioux Falls Skyforce in exchange for the returning player rights to Ray McCallum. This trade is not subject to any player passing a physical.
Purvis (6-4, 205) spent last season with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, averaging 14.5 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 3.8 assists in 33.0 minutes over 49 games (29 starts). The UCONN product appeared in 16 games (2 starts) for the Orlando Magic in his rookie season (2017-18), putting up 6.0 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 1.1 assists in 18.1 minutes per game.
McCallum (6-3, 190) appeared in 12 games (0 starts) for Agua Caliente last season, averaging 12.3 points and 3.3 assists in 23.5 minutes per game. The Detroit-Mercy product has appeared in a combined 154 NBA games (46 starts) for the Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, and Memphis Grizzlies, averaging 6.0 points, 2.4 assists, and 2.0 rebounds.
The Clippers host the Austin Spurs tonight at 7 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends
- Rodriguez's Huge Dunk Overshadowed by Late Loss to Kings
- AC Clippers Celebrate Read Across America Day with Lehigh Elementary