Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract
Memphis, Tenn. - The Memphis Grizzlies today announced that the team has signed forward Jarrod Uthoff (YOU-toff) to a 10-day contract as a Call-Up from the NBA G League's Memphis Hustle. Uthoff will wear jersey #19 for the Grizzlies. In addition, the Grizzlies waived guard Dusty Hannahs.
Uthoff (6-9, 221) has started all 34 of his games with the Hustle this season and has averaged 18.9 points, 10.7 rebounds, 1.38 steals and 1.15 blocks in 34.9 minutes while shooting 49.0 percent from the field, 36.3 percent from three-point range and 79.0 percent from the free throw line. The 26-year-old, who was named to the Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team on Feb. 10, ranks third in the NBA G League in double-doubles (19) and sixth in rebounds per game.
The Cedar Rapids, Iowa native competed in nine games off the bench for the Dallas Mavericks during the 2016-17 season and averaged 4.4 points and 2.4 rebounds in 12.8 minutes. He also has played professionally in Russia and in the NBA G League for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Texas Legends and Raptors 905. He went undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft after completing his collegiate career at the University of Iowa, where he was named to the All-Big Ten First Team as a senior.
Hannahs (6-4, 195) appeared in two games as a reserve for the Grizzlies and averaged 6.0 points in 6.5 minutes after signing a 10-day contract on Feb. 21. The 26-year-old Little Rock, Arkansas native has averaged a team-high 21.3 points in 33 games (20 starts) for the Hustle this season, helping guide the team to the top spot in the NBA G League Western Conference Standings.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Memphis Hustle Issues Statement
- Memphis Grizzlies Community Assistance Fund Supports Memphians in Need During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Memphis Hustle Announce Single Game Ticket Policy for Postponed Games
- Memphis Hustle Waive Nino Johnson
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter