Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, announced today that the team has acquired the returning player rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick in three separate transactions. The Blue Coats acquired the returning player rights to Frazier from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in exchange for the returning player rights to Cameron Oliver. Delaware acquired the returning player rights to Johnson from the Texas Legends in exchange for the returning player rights to Cory Jefferson, while also acquiring the returning player rights to Warrick from the Iowa Wolves in exchange for the returning player rights to Andrew Andrews.
Frazier (6-4, 200) has appeared in eight NBA games with the Houston Rockets and 14 G League games (all starts) with Rio Grande Valley this season while on a two-way contract with Houston. The 25-year-old averaged 16.6 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 28.7 minutes per game with Rio Grande Valley. In 45 games (39 starts) with the Vipers last season, Frazier averaged 16.9 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists in 33.3 minutes per game and earned the 2019 NBA G League Most Improved Player award. Frazier played his college basketball at the University of Florida (2012-15), where he set a school record for three-point field goals made in a single season with 118 triples as a sophomore.
Oliver originally joined the Blue Coats in a Jan. 26, 2018 trade with Wisconsin and appeared in 44 total games with Delaware. He averaged 13.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 25.8 minutes per game.
Johnson (6-7, 225) played in 73 games (27 starts) with Texas from 2017-19, averaging 7.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 20.4 minutes per game. In 17 games (all starts) with BC Rilski Sportist in Bulgaria during the current 2019-20 season, the 26-year-old holds averages of 16.9 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 29.6 minutes per game. Johnson played collegiately at the University of Colorado Boulder from 2012-17, appearing in 127 career games and finishing his career in 11th place on the school's all-time scoring list with 1,463 points.
The Blue Coats originally acquired the returning player rights to Jefferson from Texas in a three-team trade on Oct. 16, 2018. Jefferson appeared in 22 total games with Delaware last season and averaged 9.2 points and 5.1 rebounds in 24.0 minutes per game.
Warrick (6-9, 219) saw action in 44 games (19 starts) with Iowa during the 2018-19 G League season, averaging 12.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 20.7 minutes per game. The Philadelphia native was selected by the Blue Coats with the No. 9 overall selection in the 2018 NBA G League Draft before being traded to Iowa, along with the returning player rights to James Webb III, in exchange for Michael Bryson. Warrick, 37, was selected by the Memphis Grizzlies with the No. 19 overall selection in the 2005 NBA Draft and played eight NBA seasons with Memphis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Phoenix, New Orleans and Charlotte. In 526 career NBA contests (109 starts), he averaged 9.4 points and 4.0 rebounds in 20.2 minutes per contest.
Andrews appeared in four games with Delaware during the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- 76ers Fieldhouse to 'Light It Blue' for Illuminate Delaware
- Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign
- Q&A with Haywood Highsmith: Coat Check Podcast
- Nemours Children's Health System Seeks PPE & Cleaning Supply Donations
- ChristianaCare Seeks Blue Coats Fans' Support in COVID-19 Fight