Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves announced today the team has acquired the returning player rights to Andrew Andrews from the Delaware Blue Coats in exchange for the returning player rights to Hakim Warrick.
Andrews (6-2, 200) appeared in four games for the Blue Coats during the 2017-18 season, averaging 5.5 points and 3.3 assists per game. A native of Portland, Oregon, Andrews attended the University of Washington, appearing in 128 games over four seasons for the Huskies. As a senior in 2016, Andrews led the Pac-12 in scoring at 20.9 points and was named to the Pac-12 All-Conference First Team. Andrews is a current member of Arel ï¿½niversitesi Bï¿½yï¿½kçekmece Basketbol of the Turkish Basketball Super League.
Warrick (6-9, 220) played in 44 games for the Iowa Wolves during the 2018-19 season, averaging 12.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists while shooting 61.3% from the field. The forward had previously spent eight seasons in the NBA after being selected with the No. 19 overall pick by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2005 NBA Draft.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City