Blue Bounces Back at Suns
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Oklahoma City Blue (18-19) defeated the Northern Arizona Suns (8-30), 128-115 on Wednesday night.
Oklahoma City took its largest lead of the game at 122-103 on a three-pointer from Kadeem Jack with under five minutes left in the game. The Blue would hold its double-digit lead for the remainder of the game.
Jack finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds, his fifth double-double of the season. Oklahoma City was led by 19 points on 9-of-13 shooting from Tyler Cook.
At halftime, Oklahoma City held a seven-point advantage. With six ties and eight lead changes in the first half, the Blue used an 11-0 run midway through the second quarter to take control of the game.
In his first game back with the Blue, Scotty Hopson scored 12 points in the first half and finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting. Two-way player Kevin Hervey contributed 11 points, five assists and four rebounds.
Oklahoma City outscored Northern Arizona in the paint, 62-42, and outrebounded the Suns 50-46. DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell led the rebounding efforts for the Blue, grabbing a game-high 14 boards to go along with 18 points.
Northern Arizona was led by 20 points from Aaron Epps.
The Blue returns home to face the Iowa Wolves on Saturday, Feb. 29 at 7 p.m. inside the Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2020
- Wisconsin Sweeps Back-To-Back against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Fall to Erie in Hard-Fought Battle - Long Island Nets
- Red Claws Fall Short at Home - Maine Red Claws
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cam Oliver - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Michael Frazier, Xavier Johnson and Hakim Warrick - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Cory Jefferson - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jarrod Uthoff to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Unveil 'Buy One, Get One' Season Ticket Membership Plan for 2020-21 Season - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Daishon Smith - South Bay Lakers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick - Agua Caliente Clippers
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Tyler Roberson - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Acquire Jarnell Stokes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jacobi Boykins, 2nd Round Pick from Vipers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Returning Player Rights to Kevin Hardy in Trade with Rio Grande Valley - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Trade Robinson to Wolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Completes Trade with Mad Ants - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Kavell Bigby-Williams from Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Drop to South Bay, 128-122 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Chase Away Vipers - Texas Legends
- South Bay Lakers Come out and Play in Win over Warriors - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Bounces Back at Suns - Oklahoma City Blue
- Balanced Blue Knock off NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.