Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans had a rough night at the office, giving up 10 goals on Friday night in a 10-4 loss to the Utah Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies jumped on the Americans early by scoring four goals in the first period, two from Utah forward Josh Dickinson, who went on to score a hat trick for the second game in a row.
Allen lost starting goalie Dereck Baribeau early in the game with a lower body injury, after giving up the first goal just 34 seconds into the game. Utah scored 9 goals on 31 shots and scored 8 goals over the first forty minutes of the game.
The Americans had one stretch late in the second period where they turned it on, scoring three goals in a ninety second span to cut the lead to 8-4, however Utah took the game back over in the third and went on beat Allen 10-4.
"We gave up ten goals tonight, there's a lot to learn in a game like that," said Americans forward Shawn O'Donnell. "We're in game 3 of the year, there's a lot of time left to learn and correct those mistakes."
Josh Dickinson had four shots on net, scoring on three of those shots to earn the number one star of the game. Utah went 3 for 7 on the power play, while the Americans were 0 for 3.
The same two clubs meet tomorrow night at 7:05 pm. The Allen Event Center Box Office opens at 10:00 am. Call 972-912-1000 for information.
1. UTA - J. Dickinson
2. UTA - T. Barron
3. UTA - R. Wagner
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 18, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 3-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Slide Past Orlando Behind Halverson's 49 Saves - Norfolk Admirals
- Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits Thrash IceMen on Opening Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Ride Offense, Goaltending to First Win of 2019-20 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Pick up Where They Left off in Atlanta with 5-3 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Quick Start Propels Komets at Home - Wheeling Nailers
- Special Teams the Difference as Beast Drop Road Game - Brampton Beast
- Mariners Gain First Point of Season in Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers Come from Behind to Take Down Mariners 3-2 in a Shootout from the DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Tame the Beast 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Michael Downing Loaned to AHL's Bakersfield Condors - Florida Everblades
- Jalen Smereck Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades Announce Updates on Renovations, Reminders for Opening Night - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - October 18 - ECHL
- Americans and Grizzlies Open Weekend Set Tonight in Allen - Allen Americans
- Thunder Resumes Road Trip Tonight in Boise - Wichita Thunder
- "Fiore's Story": Getting to Know Giovanni Fiore - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- 'Tis the Season for Hensville Lights: November 23 Through January 5 - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Begin Road Trip Tonight in Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Opening Night Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Pregame Notes: October 18 vs. Brampton Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Partner Classic of Texoma, Announces Big Donation to Toys for Tots
- Traditional Reds, New Whites Showcased in 2020-21 Season Sweaters
- Minnesota Wild Extends ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Allen Americans
- Former Americans Rookie of the Year Returns for 2020-2021 Season
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit