Michael Downing Loaned to AHL's Bakersfield Condors
ESTERO, Fla. - Florida Everblades defenseman Michael Downing has been loaned to the American Hockey League's Bakersfield Condors, Everblades head coach Brad Ralph announced on Friday.
Downing, 24, is in his fourth season as a pro and has suited up in 96 career contests at the AHL level. The Canton, Michigan, native has tabbed three goals and 15 points in his AHL career, while he has notched 11 points (2g-9a) in 23 career ECHL games.
Downing, who was under an NHL contract with the Florida Panthers for the first three years of his pro career, joined the Everblades in February of last season after being assigned from the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds by the Panthers. He recorded eight points (1g-7a) in 17 regular season games and then posted nine points (4g-5a) in 14 games in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs. He has one assist through the first two games of the 2019-20 season with Florida.
Prior to turning pro, Downing played three seasons at the University of Michigan from 2013-16. He saw action in 105 career NCAA games, scoring 11 goals and 54 points. Named to the Big Ten All-Rookie Team in 2013-14 and the Big Ten All-Second Team in 2014-15, Downing was also a key piece of the puzzle that helped lead the Wolverines to the Big Ten Tournament championship in 2015-16.
The Everblades host the Norfolk Admirals on Saturday night for Opening Night presented by Hertz. Faceoff is slated for 7 p.m. at Hertz Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 18, 2019
- Solar Bears Fall to Admirals, 3-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Slide Past Orlando Behind Halverson's 49 Saves - Norfolk Admirals
- Utah Grabs Early Lead and Cruises to 10-4 Win - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits Thrash IceMen on Opening Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mavericks Ride Offense, Goaltending to First Win of 2019-20 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rays Pick up Where They Left off in Atlanta with 5-3 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Quick Start Propels Komets at Home - Wheeling Nailers
- Special Teams the Difference as Beast Drop Road Game - Brampton Beast
- Mariners Gain First Point of Season in Shootout Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers Come from Behind to Take Down Mariners 3-2 in a Shootout from the DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Tame the Beast 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Michael Downing Loaned to AHL's Bakersfield Condors - Florida Everblades
- Jalen Smereck Recalled to Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- 'Blades Announce Updates on Renovations, Reminders for Opening Night - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - October 18 - ECHL
- Americans and Grizzlies Open Weekend Set Tonight in Allen - Allen Americans
- Thunder Resumes Road Trip Tonight in Boise - Wichita Thunder
- "Fiore's Story": Getting to Know Giovanni Fiore - Rapid City Rush
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- 'Tis the Season for Hensville Lights: November 23 Through January 5 - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Begin Road Trip Tonight in Allen - Utah Grizzlies
- Opening Night Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Growlers Pregame Notes: October 18 vs. Brampton Beast - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.