Tulsa's Streak Snapped in Allen
ALLEN, TX - Allen Americans (22-36-6) Head Coach Steve Martinson became the third coach ever to reach 1,000 wins Saturday when his team snapped the Tulsa Oilers (34-21-6) four-game winning streak, 3-2 at the Allen Event Center.
The Oilers controlled the play in the first period, outshooting the Americans 16-7. Allen goaltender Lukas Hafner was the difference-maker in the frame, stopping everything he saw, while Braylon Shmyr gave the Americans a 1-0 lead with a late goal out of a goal-mouth scramble.
Tulsa tied the game on the power play when Adam Pleskach redirected a centering pass into the net for his 32nd goal of the season 6:26 into the second period. The Americans went back in front after Joel Chouinard scored a power play goal of his own, a one-timer from the point that snuck through the legs of Ian Keserich.
Allen added to its lead in the third period when Dante Salituro won a face-off and stepped toward the net before lifting a shot into the top of the net to make it 3-1. The Oilers made it interesting when Eric Drapluk blasted a shot on another Tulsa power play that deflected off of an Americans stick and into the net with 4:56 left in regulation. But Hafner closed the door the rest of the way, stopping 36 of 38 in the game to earn first star honors.
The Oilers return to Allen Tuesday for another game against the Americans at the Allen Event Center at 7:05pm. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal radio network, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about the Tulsa Oilers. Season and Group Tickets are on sale now by calling the Oilers front office at 918-632-7825. Visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2019
- Bourke Lifts Solar Bears to 4-3 Shootout Win over Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Survive Late-Game Comeback, Win in Shootout - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Mount Late Comeback, But Fall in Shootout to Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Shut Down Walleye for Second Straight Victory - Indy Fuel
- Marcinew's Overtime Goal Propels Manchester Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Home-Stand Ends with Shootout Victory over Nailers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Run out of Steam in 2-0 Home Loss to the Stingrays - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Steal 4-3 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Milner Blanks Worcester with 33 Saves - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bligh's First Period Natural Hat Trick Propels Glads to 4-1 Road Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reading Scores Three Times in Third to Down Beast - Brampton Beast
- Growlers Fall in a Shootout to the Solar Bears - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Stun Brampton with Three Unanswered in Third, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 10 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Four-Game Homestand Wraps up Sunday against Nailers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals 11-Day Road Trip Ends with Second Straight at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Martinson Reaches 1,000 Wins as the Americans Beat Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Rush Win in Thrilling Comeback to Sweep Grizzlies - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Get Standings Point in 3-2 Heartbreaker - Utah Grizzlies
- Van Stralen's Hat Trick Gives Thunder 6-5 OT Win - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa's Streak Snapped in Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Comeback Forces Overtime, Fall 6-5 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.