Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory
MANCHESTER, N.H. - The Manchester Monarchs came back from a 2-1 deficit in the third period, to beat the Norfolk Admirals, 3-2, Sunday afternoon at SNHU Arena.
The Monarchs (32-25-2-2) scored :48 seconds into the overtime frame, to defeat the Admirals (23-30-5-3), 3-2.
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 1:52 of the first period when Tony Cameranesi scored his 21st goal of the season. Matt Marcinew found Cameranesi in the low slot, where he put the puck top-shelf over Admirals goaltender Jeremy Brodeur, to make the score, 1-0.
The Admirals tied the game at 7:35 of the first period with a power-play goal when Matt McMorrow netted his 11th goal of the season. Along the left boards, Luke Nogard found McMorrow camped in the low slow, where he collected the puck before putting a wrist shot past the stick of Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, to make the score, 1-1.
The Admirals took the lead with a power-play goal at 15:33 of the first period when Jake Wood scored his 13th goal of the season. McMorrow took a shot from the right goal line and Wood found the rebound for a quick shot past Williams, to make the score, 2-1.
The Monarchs tied the game at 3:28 of the third period when Daniil Miromanov netted his 10th goal of the season. Kevin Dufour slid the puck to Miromanov at the blue line, where he let a wrist shot fly, top-shelf over the stick of Brodeur, to make the score, 2-2.
Marcinew scored the overtime winner for the Monarchs :48 seconds into overtime. Marcinew picked up the rebound off a shot from Cameranesi and slipped the shot past Brodeur, to make the score, 3-2.
The Monarchs return to action Friday, March 15 at 7 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2019
- Bourke Lifts Solar Bears to 4-3 Shootout Win over Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Survive Late-Game Comeback, Win in Shootout - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Mount Late Comeback, But Fall in Shootout to Cincy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Shut Down Walleye for Second Straight Victory - Indy Fuel
- Marcinew's Overtime Goal Propels Manchester Past Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Home-Stand Ends with Shootout Victory over Nailers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Run out of Steam in 2-0 Home Loss to the Stingrays - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Steal 4-3 Shootout Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Milner Blanks Worcester with 33 Saves - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bligh's First Period Natural Hat Trick Propels Glads to 4-1 Road Victory - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reading Scores Three Times in Third to Down Beast - Brampton Beast
- Growlers Fall in a Shootout to the Solar Bears - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Stun Brampton with Three Unanswered in Third, 6-4 - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Wings Game Day Snap Shot, March 10 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: Four-Game Homestand Wraps up Sunday against Nailers - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: Royals 11-Day Road Trip Ends with Second Straight at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Martinson Reaches 1,000 Wins as the Americans Beat Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Rush Win in Thrilling Comeback to Sweep Grizzlies - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Get Standings Point in 3-2 Heartbreaker - Utah Grizzlies
- Van Stralen's Hat Trick Gives Thunder 6-5 OT Win - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa's Streak Snapped in Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Comeback Forces Overtime, Fall 6-5 to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.