Top Prospect Lodolo Promoted to Louisville
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville Bats today announced that MLB.com's No. 1 prospect in the Cincinnati Reds' system, left-hander Nick Lodolo, has been promoted from Double-A Chattanooga to Triple-A Louisville. Lodolo is scheduled to make his Triple-A debut as the Bats' starting pitcher Wednesday at St. Paul (Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins) at 2:05 p.m.
Lodolo, 23, is rated by Baseball America as possessing the "best control" of any pitcher in the Reds' farm system entering the 2021 season. Through his first 10 career starts at the Double-A level this season, Lodolo is 2-1 with a 1.84 ERA (9er/44.0ip), 68 strikeouts and 0.91 WHIP in 44.0 innings pitched. If Lodolo were to qualify for league leaders, he would rank first in Double-A South in ERA and WHIP and fourth in opposing batting average (.196).
The La Verne, California native has not allowed more than three earned runs in any of his starts with the Double-A Lookouts this season. He's tossed 7.0+ shutout innings in two of his 10 starts and recorded more than half of his total outs via strikeout (68 of his 132 outs are strikeouts).
Lodolo also recently played alongside fellow top prospect SS Jose Barrero at the 2021 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game at Coors Field in Denver. Lodolo struck out one batter in a perfect inning of work.
Lodolo was originally selected seventh overall by the Reds in 2019.
The Bats now feature each of the top two ranked pitching prospects in the Reds' system in Lodolo (MLB.com No. 1) and RHP Hunter Greene (MLB.com No. 2). The duo is scheduled to be a dynamic one-two punch for Louisville with Lodolo taking the mound Wednesday at St. Paul and Green getting the ball the following game Thursday at the Saints.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from August 3, 2021
- Bisons Fall to IronPigs, 6-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Four Solo Shots Not Enough as Bats Nipped by Saints - Louisville Bats
- Iowa Takes Series Opener - Iowa Cubs
- Indians Drop Series Opener to Iowa - Indianapolis Indians
- Sounds Spoil Pinto's Quality Start - Toledo Mud Hens
- Weston Wilson's Late Single Key in Sounds Win - Nashville Sounds
- Saints Make It a Big Diehl with Seventh Straight Series Opening Victory, 5-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Worcester Gets Better of RailRiders in Series Opener - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Dunand Powers Shrimp to Last-At-Bat Win over Norfolk - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Bandy, Fitzgerald Go Deep as WooSox Win Fourth in a Row - Worcester Red Sox
- Gozzo, Pigs roll Buffalo in series opener - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Pinto Homers in Fourth Straight, Bulls Bash 'Birds 5-2 - Durham Bulls
- Braymer Pitches Wings Past Mets Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Redbirds Fall Short in Series Opener at Durham - Memphis Redbirds
- Vance Worley Provides Solid Start, But Mets Fall to Red Wings in Series Opener, 3-1 - Syracuse Mets
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - August 3, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Voit Joins RailRiders on Rehab Assignment - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-39) at Iowa Cubs (32-43) - Indianapolis Indians
- Red Wings Announce Updated Masking Protocols - Rochester Red Wings
- Top Prospect Lodolo Promoted to Louisville - Louisville Bats
- August 3 Game Notes: Iowa at Indianapolis - Iowa Cubs
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: August 3, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Red Wings Announce Schedule Update - Rochester Red Wings
- Saints to Honor 2019 Championship Team on August 5 - St. Paul Saints
- Inaugural Polar Park Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival Set for Saturday, October 2, 5-9 p.m. - Worcester Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.