Thunder Weekly, November 15
WICHITA, Kan. (Nov. 15) - Wichita returned to action last week with three games. Get caught up on the team with this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Tuesday, November 9
Wichita at Kansas City, 2-0 L
Friday, November 12
Allen at Wichita, 6-2 W
Sunday, November 14
Wichita at Allen, 2-1 W
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Friday, November 19
Wichita at Tulsa, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, November 20
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., College Night.
**All games can be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for home games and 6:40 p.m. for road games. For Sunday home games, the show starts at 3:30 p.m. and 30 minutes before puck drop on the road. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 4-5-0-0
Rank: 5th, Western Conference, 4 points
Goals: Peter Crinella, 5
Assists: Cam Clarke, 8
Points: Matteo Gennaro, Jay Dickman, 9
+/-: Carter Johnson, +4
PIM: Sean Allen, 45
TWO OUT OF THREE - Wichita played three times this past week. The Thunder started with a 2-0 loss on Tuesday night against Kansas City. Wichita re-grouped for a 6-2 victory on Friday night against Allen and then knocked off the Americans, 2-1, on Sunday afternoon.
BOOTS - Evan Buitenhuis continues to be a workhorse for the Thunder. He has started every game so far this season for the Thunder and went 2-1-0 this past week. He pushed his goals-against down to 2.47 and his save percentage to .921. Buitenhuis is second in minutes played (534) and second in saves (257).
JAY AND SILENT BOB - Jay Dickman had a career-high three points on Friday night against the Americans. He finished with two goals and an assist. Dickman has five points in his last four games and four over his last two outings.
HEY ROOK - Carter Johnson has been a steady addition to the Thunder lineup. He has goals in back-to-back games and three over his last four. He also has four points in his last two games. The rookie from Miami (OH) has six points (4g, 2a) in seven games so far this season.
EXELLING - Billy Exell recorded his first points of the season over the weekend. He has three points over his last two games. The second-year pro took last season off after notching 24 points (8g, 16a) in 50 games in 2019-20.
SPECIAL - The Thunder power play is starting to come on again. On the road, Wichita is fourth in the league (4-for-15, 26.7%). The Thunder have power play goals in back-to-back games and moved up to 11th in the ECHL (19.4%).
THUNDERBOLTS...Cam Clarke is tied for eighth in points by a defenseman, tied for first for assists by a defenseman, tied with two shorthanded assists and tied for third with eight helpers...Carter Johnson is second in shooting percentage (44.4%)...Sean Allen is third in penalty minutes with 45, tied for first in majors by a defenseman with three...Wichita is third in the league in penalty minutes per game (19.67)
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Images from this story
Wichita Thunder celebrate a goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 15, 2021
- Glads Fall Short for First Home Loss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Steelheads Weekly - November 15, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Alum Justin Danforth Set to Make NHL Debut - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Weekly, November 15 - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - November 15 - ECHL
- First Place Komets Home for Three Straight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Zerter-Gossage Loaned to AHL Tucson - Maine Mariners
- Knott Called-Up to Milwaukee - Cincinnati Cyclones
- American Trade for Forward from Greenville - Allen Americans
- Rabbit Report: the Week Ahead - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Acquire Forward Anthony Rinaldi - Indy Fuel
- First-Place Everblades Return Home to Face Sunshine State Rivals - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Weekly: Two out of Six in Reading - Norfolk Admirals
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 4 - Indy Fuel
- Weekly Roundup and Game Preview: Glads Look for Sixth Straight Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Look to Maintain Winning Ways - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.