Thunder Acquires Ross from Norfolk
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that the team has acquired forward Taylor Ross from the Norfolk Admirals in exchange for forward Alex Berardinelli.
Ross, 23, didn't play this past season. During his rookie campaign in 2019-20, he split time between the Fort Wayne Komets and the Admirals. A native of Kronau, Saskatchewan, the 6-foot-1, 216-pound forward netted 8 points (6g, 2a) in 24 games for the Komets and 10 points (3g, 7a) in 19 games for the Admirals.
Prior to turning pro, Ross played four seasons in the Western Hockey Hockey League for the Spokane Chiefs and Lethbridge Hurricanes. During his overage year in 2018-19, he recorded 69 points (34g, 35a) in 68 games for Lethbridge. Overall, he had 135 points (65g, 70a) in 233 games during his junior career.
Wichita hosts the Tulsa Oilers tonight in exhibition play starting at 7 p.m. at the Wichita Ice Center. Fans can purchase tickets at the door or online.
The Thunder will open their home schedule on Friday, October 29 against the Utah Grizzlies and close home-opening weekend on Saturday, October 30 as the Wheeling Nailers make their first-ever trip to the Air Capital.
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m.
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Images from this story
Forward Taylor Ross with the Norfolk Admirals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2021
- Oilers Take Second Preseason Tilt in OT, 3-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Royals End Preseason with 4-2 Win over Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Garreffa Scores Twice for Solar Bears in 5-2 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Top Anyang Halla in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Split Preseason Series in 5-2 Loss to Solar Bears - Florida Everblades
- Indy Storms Past Cincinnati to Finish Preseason with a Win - Indy Fuel
- Drew Callin Scores for Second Straight Night But Railers Fall 3-1 to the Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Mariners Split Preseason Series with Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Acquires Ross from Norfolk - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades: October 16, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Erkamps Assigned to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - October 16 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Amir Miftakhov Recalled to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators to Take on Anyang Halla in Atlanta Hockey Showcase 2021 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Welcome Solar Bears Again in Saturday Night Preseason Action - Florida Everblades
- Royals Close Preseason with First Home Game in 587 Days - Reading Royals
- Utah Falls 5-2 in Preseason Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Strike Early, Take Down Grizzlies 5-2 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.