Texas Stars Recall Anthony Nellis from Idaho Steelheads
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, announced that forward Anthony Nellis has been recalled from the club's ECHL affiliate, the Idaho Steelheads.
Nellis, 25, is in his first full professional season and made his AHL debut with the Stars on Saturday, Jan. 11 against Toronto. The Breakeyville, Quebec native has played 41 ECHL games with the Steelheads this season recording 25 points (13-12=25) with four multi-point games in his first pro season. Nellis ranks second on the Steelheads in goals and fourth in points.
Prior to signing with the Stars, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound skater made his pro debut with the Fort Wayne Komets on Mar. 22, 2019. In his first 10 games after a four-year career at Lake Superior State University, Nellis produced eight points (5-3=8). The former Laker was a top-four scorer for the team in all four years, collecting 91 points (40-51') in 148 career NCAA games.
Texas faces the Grand Rapids Griffins tonight as they continue a stretch of three games in three nights. Puck drop at Van Andel Arena is at 6 p.m. CT.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. Partial ticket packages including 24-game and 12-game plans are available for the remainder of the 2019-20 season. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars forward Anthony Nellis
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Power Play Leads the Way as Eagles Top Barracuda 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Earns 5-2 Victory against Stockton - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Begin Road Trip with 3-2 (OT) Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Griffins Rally from Three Down to Earn Point - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ustimenko Sparkles in AHL Debut - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Shine in Overtime in 4-3 Victory over Griffins - Texas Stars
- Rampage Top IceHogs on Reinke's Winner - San Antonio Rampage
- Glass Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Lose to Phantoms, 5-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Assign Center Ryan MacInnis to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibson makes season-high 44 saves on 46 shots Saturday night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Clip Thunderbirds, Win Season-Series - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 5-4, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Down Crunch in Shootout Thriller - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Heat Drop Weekend Opener at Iowa - Stockton Heat
- Bears Get Better of T-Birds in Hershey - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Beat Rocket in OT on Formenton Winner - Belleville Senators
- Kuokkanen Lifts Checkers over Hartford in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Edge Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Blanked by Marlies - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Stars Recall Anthony Nellis from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Bears Recall Defenseman Tommy Hughes from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Heat Start Weekend Set at Iowa Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Host Americans for a Saturday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Thunderbirds, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Fehervary Recalled by Capitals - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 8 - Belleville Senators
- Game 45 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Meet Bruins Twice this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Set Team Record with 10 Goals in Rout - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Earn Point in OT Loss to Rockford - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Come Close But Suffer Tough To Swallow Defeat In San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Remain Hot against Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Fog Fall to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Fall to Eagles in Heated Affair, 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ads Battle Back to Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goaltender Battle Goes to Chicago - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.