Ads Battle Back to Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss
Milwaukee, WI - The Admirals battled back from a two-goal deficit to earn a point in a 3-2 shoot-out loss to the Texas Stars on Friday night at Panther Arena. The loss was the second straight for the Ads, but Milwaukee has still yet to lose consecutive games in regulation this season.
Texas jumped out to a two-goal lead beginning with Tanner Kero's seventh of the season at the 8:30 mark of the first period.
Then just 1:08 into the second period Oula Palve finished off a two-on-one when took a feed from Tero and sent a one-timer over a prone Connor Ingram for a 2-0 Texas advantage.
However, Michael McCarron would cut that lead in half with an impressive display of hand-eye coordination for the Ads with just over seven minutes to play in the sandwich frame. An attempted clearing pass by the Stars from in front of the net hit Anthony Richard in the chest and bounced in the air, which is wear Richard swatted it forward and before the puck found the ice again McCarron batted it through the legs of Texas goalie Landon Bow.
The Admirals tied the score with less than a minute to play in the second period when Tommy Novak converted pretty passing play for his ninth goal of the season. Novak started the play from down at the bottom of the right circle and then passed up to Matt Donovan at the point. Donovan immediately sent a pass over to Alex Carrier along the blueline, who sent it back down to Novak who had a wide open net.
The score would stay that way for third period and overtime before heading to a shootout. Freddy Gaudreau was the only Admiral to score in the shoot-out, while the Stars Jason Robertson and Joel L'Esperance connected on their tries to pick up the win.
Bow stopped 34 shots in goal for Texas, including many grade A chances by the Admirals, to pick up the win, while Ingram stopped 35 shots of his own, marking the sixth straight game that he has allowed two or fewer goals.
The Admirals now have a rare weekend off as they don't get back on the ice until hosting the Stars again next Wednesday, February 12 at 7 pm at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Power Play Leads the Way as Eagles Top Barracuda 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Earns 5-2 Victory against Stockton - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Begin Road Trip with 3-2 (OT) Loss to Senators - Laval Rocket
- Griffins Rally from Three Down to Earn Point - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ustimenko Sparkles in AHL Debut - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Shine in Overtime in 4-3 Victory over Griffins - Texas Stars
- Rampage Top IceHogs on Reinke's Winner - San Antonio Rampage
- Glass Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Lose to Phantoms, 5-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Blue Jackets Assign Center Ryan MacInnis to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Gibson makes season-high 44 saves on 46 shots Saturday night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears Clip Thunderbirds, Win Season-Series - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Edged by Comets, 5-4, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Down Crunch in Shootout Thriller - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Heat Drop Weekend Opener at Iowa - Stockton Heat
- Bears Get Better of T-Birds in Hershey - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Beat Rocket in OT on Formenton Winner - Belleville Senators
- Kuokkanen Lifts Checkers over Hartford in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Edge Wolf Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Blanked by Marlies - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Red Wings Assign Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Stars Recall Anthony Nellis from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Bears Recall Defenseman Tommy Hughes from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Heat Start Weekend Set at Iowa Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Host Americans for a Saturday Showdown - Toronto Marlies
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Thunderbirds, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Fehervary Recalled by Capitals - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 8 - Belleville Senators
- Game 45 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Sound Tigers Meet Bruins Twice this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Set Team Record with 10 Goals in Rout - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Earn Point in OT Loss to Rockford - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Come Close But Suffer Tough To Swallow Defeat In San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Remain Hot against Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Fog Fall to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Fall to Eagles in Heated Affair, 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ads Battle Back to Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goaltender Battle Goes to Chicago - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.