Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Nikita Pavlychev from Orlando Solar Bears
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have recalled forward Nikita Pavlychev from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, General Manager Stacy Roest announced today. The Crunch have also loaned goaltender Clint Windsor to the Solar Bears.
Pavlychev, 23, has skated in 10 games with Orlando this season tallying two goals and two assists. Prior to his professional career, the 6-foot-7, 225-pound center played in 137 career games with Penn State from 2016 to 2020 registering 70 points (36g, 34a). He finished his collegiate career with the Nittany Lions ranking fifth all-time with 12 power-play goals.
Pavlychev was selected in the seventh round (197th overall) by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2015 NHL Draft. He was signed to an AHL contract by the Crunch in August.
Windsor, 27, has played in seven games with the Solar Bears this season earning a .891 save percentage and 3.27 goals-against average. The 6-foot-4, 216-pound netminder recorded a .927 save percentage and 2.45 goals-against average in 30 games with Orlando last season. The Crunch signed Windsor to an AHL contract in March.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Wolves Roll to 5-0 - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls Sign Left Wing Jamie Devane to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Svechnikov Joins Detroit's Taxi Squad - Grand Rapids Griffins
- February 19 Home Game Moved to Wednesday, February 24 at 6 p.m. - Binghamton Devils
- Phantoms Away Game Rescheduled - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Givani Smith Reassigned to the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comets Set for Home Opener against the Crunch Tomorrow Night - Utica Comets
- Hershey Bears Weekly #2: with Points in First Three Games, Bears Look for Pair of Wins this Week - Hershey Bears
- Colorado Recalls Goaltender Kevin Carr - Colorado Eagles
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 16th - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners, CW Tucson Announce TV Broadcast Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Wild Recalls Defensemen Philip Beaulieu and Matt Register - Iowa Wild
- Tonight's San Jose-Texas AHL Game Postponed Due to Weather - AHL
- American Hockey League Announces Postponement of Tonight's Game - San Jose Barracuda
- Texas Stars Postpone Tonight's Game Versus San Jose Barracuda - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Nikita Pavlychev from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League, CCM Announce 5-Year Extension of Partnership - AHL
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Open Four-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Open the Season with a Win in Winnipeg - Toronto Marlies
- Moose Edged in Season Opener - Manitoba Moose
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears
- Crunch Edge Amerks, 4-3, in Overtime
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Daniel Walcott from Syracuse Crunch to Taxi Squad
- Florida Panthers Reassign Defenseman Vladislav Kolyachonok to Syracuse Crunch