SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30
MOOSIC, PA - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Triple-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, are pleased to announce that on Saturday, June 30 the RailRiders will become the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Teddy Bears as they take on the Pawtucket Red Sox that night at PNC Field.
Not only will the team wear specialty jerseys as the Teddy Bears, but the night also marks the first-ever teddy bear toss held at PNC Field, presented by Magic 93. Fans attending that night are encouraged to bring a new stuffed animal to the game and throw it onto the field after the 4th inning. Fans who show up with a stuffed animal will receive a free lawn seat to the game. All stuffed animals will be donated to the Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital and to the Ronald McDonald House of Scranton.
"We are always looking for fun new ways to get fans involved in helping us better the community," said Josh Olerud, RailRiders Team President and General Manager. "What better way than having our fans participate in the first annual Teddy Bear Toss? Everyone loves a brand new teddy bear, and we can't wait to surprise the kids at Geisinger Janet Weis Children's Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House of Scranton with one."
Gates will open that night at 5:00 p.m. for the 6:35 p.m. scheduled first pitch between the Teddy Bears and the PawSox. The jerseys worn by the team that night will be auctioned off to benefit the Pinstripes Foundation and the work they do in the Greater-Scranton/Wilkes-Barre community.
Ricky Henderson will also be making an appearance that night for a Legends Series Meet and Greet and autograph session. The Ricky Henderson appearance is presented by Nasser Limousine and Mohegan Sun Pocono in conjunction with Steiner Sports.
To purchase tickets for Saturday, June 30 or for more information about tickets for any other 2018 home game, please contact the front office at (570) 969-2255 (BALL) or head to www.swbrailriders.com.
Images from this story
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Teddy Bears Jersey
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Shao-Ching Chiang Earns First Triple-A Win - Columbus Clippers
- Mud Hens Bullpen Dominates in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reed Deals Strong Innings as Bats Fall 6-2 - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Wins Game Two of Doubleheader, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Salvage Doubleheader with Game Two Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Stifle Bulls to Halt Winning Streak - Durham Bulls
- Knights Charge Past the Bulls 6-2 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Hold off Hens Behind Five-Run Third - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk and Gwinnett Split Doubleheader - Norfolk Tides
- PawSox Score Three in Ninth, Stun Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- PawSox Rally Late to Top Chiefs - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Sweep Double Dip from Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Score a Free Youth Jersey on Friday, June 29 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (32-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 12 - Louisville Bats
- OF Avisail Garcia begins MLB rehab assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018 - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Drop Series Opener, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- SWB Game Notes
- RailRiders top Durham Bulls as Logan Morrison ties franchise record
- Ryan McBroom homers to secure win for Vejigantes Saturday
- SWB Game Notes
- RailRiders' Rally Falls Short