Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018
The Syracuse Chiefs host the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders for the final time this season during Syracuse's current seven-day homestand at NBT Bank Stadium, and New York's top pitching prospect is scheduled to make a start. LHP Justus Sheffield, one of the top 100 prospects in all of baseball and the Yankees' highest ranked pitcher in their minor league system, is scheduled to start Thursday, June 14th against the Chiefs.
Sheffield is the 41st-ranked prospect in all of baseball, according to Baseball America. The 21-year-old began the season in Double-A before quickly being promoted to Triple-A after five starts. Sheffield was originally drafted in the first round in 2014 by the Cleveland Indians before being traded to the Yankees in 2016 as part of the deal that sent relief pitcher Andrew Miller to the Indians.
Thursday's game starts at 6:35 p.m. and is a $1 Thursday at NBT Bank Stadium, presented by 95X. Fans can enjoy Hofmann Hot Dogs and Coca-Cola products for just $1 and draft Coors, Labatt, Saranac, and 1911 Hard Cider products for only $2. Plus, celebrate CNY Celebrity Night as part of another Season of CNY Night. Come to NBT Bank Stadium dressed up as your favorite CNY Celebrity as the Chiefs take on the RailRiders. We will be honoring our CNY Celebs all night long!
The Chiefs host the RailRiders from June 14th-17th. In addition to the fun promotions at the stadium while the Chiefs are home, fans have the opportunity to see other future New York Yankees players at NBT Bank Stadium. Another top player to watch in the Yankees' organization is Brandon Drury. Drury started the season in the majors with the New York Yankees and is now with the RailRiders. The 25-year-old has spent parts of four seasons in the majors with the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees. Yankees outfield prospect Clint Frazier also enters the weekend on the RailRiders roster.
Tickets to this upcoming homestand, as well as all Syracuse Chiefs home games for the 2018 season, are available by calling 315-474-7833, by visiting the NBT Bank Stadium Ticket Office, or online at syracusechiefs.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Shao-Ching Chiang Earns First Triple-A Win - Columbus Clippers
- Mud Hens Bullpen Dominates in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reed Deals Strong Innings as Bats Fall 6-2 - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Wins Game Two of Doubleheader, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Salvage Doubleheader with Game Two Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Stifle Bulls to Halt Winning Streak - Durham Bulls
- Knights Charge Past the Bulls 6-2 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Hold off Hens Behind Five-Run Third - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk and Gwinnett Split Doubleheader - Norfolk Tides
- PawSox Score Three in Ninth, Stun Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- PawSox Rally Late to Top Chiefs - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Sweep Double Dip from Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Score a Free Youth Jersey on Friday, June 29 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (32-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 12 - Louisville Bats
- OF Avisail Garcia begins MLB rehab assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018 - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Drop Series Opener, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Mets Stories
- Syracuse Mets Announce Annual Garage Sale Dates
- Governor Cuomo Announces NY Mets, County Close To Finalizing Lease Extension To Keep Pro Baseball In Onondaga County For Next 25 Years
- 4th Annual Ballpark Craft Beer Festival at NBT Bank Stadium: Everything You Need to Know
- Chiefs Combine for Three-Hitter to Win Finale, 2-0
- Voth Stellar, Chiefs Hold on Late for 4-3 Win over the Bisons