Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (30-25, 2nd (-1.5), North) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (35-27, 1st (+1.5), North)
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 (6:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Park
Game 1: RHP Nick Tepesch (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Enyel De Los Santos (6-3, 1.63)
Game 2: RHP Luis Santos (2-0, 2.08) vs. RHP Tom Eshelman (1-5, 7.06)
This evening, the Bisons take on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs for the middle two games of a four-game series in three days. The two teams will play a doubleheader today making up a postponed game from May 15. Following the last two days of their nine day road trip, Buffalo will return home as the Buffalo Wings June 14-17 as they host the Rochester Plates.
Last Game: BUF 9 LHV 4
RHP Chris Rowley threw his sixth quality start going 6.2 IP, 3H, 2R/ER, 4BB, and striking out 7 earning his fourth win of the season. OF Anthony Alford set the tone for the rest of the game after stealing home in the first inning. INF Jason Leblebijian continued the offensive attack against the IronPigs going 3-5 with a grand slam in the 3rd inning. INF/OF Darnell Sweeney hit a solo shot in the third inning also The Herd collectively had 16 hits and 5 walks to secure the win.
Today's Game 1 Starter: RHP Nick Tepesch
RHP Nick Tepesch is making his first start for the Bisons this season and is in search of his first victory. The righty's last outing on relief came on 6/8 where he pitched 1.0 innings allowing 1H, 1BB, 1SO, and no runs scored.
Today's Game 2 Starter: RHP Luis Santos
RHP Luis Santos is making his second spot start for the Bisons this season. Overall, the right hander has made 12 appearances for the Herd, logging 26IP on the season. Santos was recalled to Toronto in early May and appeared in one game for the Blue Jays, May 3 @ Cleveland.
Lehigh Valley (1-3)
The Bisons and IronPigs will play a total of 18 times this season. Following this series in Allentown, PA, Buffalo will host Lehigh Valley at Coca-Cola Field June 22-24.
INF Jason Leblebijian went 3-5 with two runs scored yesterday and adding his first grand slam of the season. The infielder is ranked third in the IL for most homeruns (10). Leblebijian also added 4 RBIs to his total (33) and trails Danny Jansen by 1 to lead the team.
Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
INF Lourdes Gurriel Jr. continued to swing a hot bat in last night's victory against the IronPigs. The infielder went 1-6 at the plate on Monday, extending his hitting streak to six games, batting .385 (10-26).
OF Anthony Alford added his sixth stolen base on the season stealing home in the first inning yesterday. Alford went 3-5 with a walk scoring twice for the Bisons.
Last night's victory in Lehigh Valley was the Herd's first win at Coca-Cola Park since 7/17/2016, winning 10-1.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (30-36) lost the opening game against Tampa Bay yesterday 8-4. RHP Sam Gaviglio suffered the loss on the mound pitching 3.1 innings and allowing 7 hits and 5 runs scored. OF Teoscar Hernandez went 2-4 with home run, and 2RBIs. The two teams will meet again tonight in the middle game of the three-game series. LHP Jaime Garcia will start tonight for Toronto (7:10 p.m.). Following this series, the team then has a scheduled off day on Thursday before welcoming the Washington Nationals for a three-game series at Rogers Centre.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Shao-Ching Chiang Earns First Triple-A Win - Columbus Clippers
- Mud Hens Bullpen Dominates in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reed Deals Strong Innings as Bats Fall 6-2 - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Wins Game Two of Doubleheader, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Salvage Doubleheader with Game Two Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Stifle Bulls to Halt Winning Streak - Durham Bulls
- Knights Charge Past the Bulls 6-2 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Hold off Hens Behind Five-Run Third - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk and Gwinnett Split Doubleheader - Norfolk Tides
- PawSox Score Three in Ninth, Stun Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- PawSox Rally Late to Top Chiefs - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Sweep Double Dip from Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Score a Free Youth Jersey on Friday, June 29 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (32-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 12 - Louisville Bats
- OF Avisail Garcia begins MLB rehab assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018 - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Drop Series Opener, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons 2019 Promotional Schedule to Include Guerrero Jr. Bobblehead Giveaway, Game of Thrones Night and More
- Bobby Meacham to Return as Bisons Manager in 2019
- Vlad Guerrero Jr. Among Blue Jays Prospects Scheduled for Bisons 3rd Annual 'Hot Stove Prospect Showcase' January 17
- Bisons' Announce 'Season of Giving'; Team to Make Ticket Donation with Every Ticket Pack Purchased in December
- Minor League Baseball Named "Most Family Friendly" Per Sports Business Journal Survey