Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday
Even with 3-time batting champ Joe Mauer in the lineup, the Red Wings offensive struggles continued Tuesday night as the club combined for just two runs over 14 innings in a doubleheader sweep at the hands of the Scranton/WB RailRiders. The Wings fell 5-2 in the opener before losing 2-0 in the night cap which extended Rochester's losing streak to 10 games.
The 10-game skid is the Red Wings longest losing streak since 2010 (12 games). The Wings have scored just 13 runs over the last 10 games.
Mauer - who led off as the designated hitter each game - went a combined 0-for-6. Mauer, recovering from concussion-like symptoms, made his first appearance in a Red Wings uniform since 2004.
The only Wings runs of the night came courtesy of solo homers from Cameron Rupp and Taylor Motter which came in back-to-back fashion in the fourth inning. It was the first homer for both Rupp and Motter as Red Wings.
Aaron Slegers went the distance in the opener, allowing five runs on seven hits and two walks. All five runs scored via three home runs.
Gabriel Moya got the spot start in Game Two and tossed three scoreless innings before turning things over to Tyler Duffey who threw two shutout innings of his own.
Scranton finally got to John Curtiss out of the Wings 'pen in the sixth inning plating two on a Brandon Drury triple.
The Wings and RailRiders wrap the four-game, three-day series on Wednesday night at 6:35 pm. Former Yankees prospect Dietrich Enns (4-6, 5.85) gets the start for Rochester opposite right-hander Chance Adams (2-2, 5.43).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Shao-Ching Chiang Earns First Triple-A Win - Columbus Clippers
- Mud Hens Bullpen Dominates in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reed Deals Strong Innings as Bats Fall 6-2 - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Wins Game Two of Doubleheader, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Salvage Doubleheader with Game Two Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Stifle Bulls to Halt Winning Streak - Durham Bulls
- Knights Charge Past the Bulls 6-2 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Hold off Hens Behind Five-Run Third - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk and Gwinnett Split Doubleheader - Norfolk Tides
- PawSox Score Three in Ninth, Stun Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- PawSox Rally Late to Top Chiefs - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Sweep Double Dip from Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Score a Free Youth Jersey on Friday, June 29 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (32-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 12 - Louisville Bats
- OF Avisail Garcia begins MLB rehab assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018 - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Drop Series Opener, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.