Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader
In a battle of the top two teams in the IL North, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Buffalo Bisons split a doubleheader Tuesday Coca-Cola Park.
Game 1: The Pigs took the first seven-inning contest 2-0 on the back of a complete game by Enyel De Los Santos (7-3). Lehigh Valley scored both its runs in the bottom of the first inning against Buffalo's Nick Tepeshe (0-1).
De Los Santos continued to dominate the IL with the Pigs' first complete game shutout of the season. Lowering his IL-leading ERA to 1.47, De Los Santos struck out seven and scattered four hits in the outing. This is the fourth time this season that De Los Santos has not allowed a run in an outing and the 10th that he has allowed less than two earned runs.
Trevor Plouffe put the IronPigs on top with a two-out double. After a walk and single by Mitch Walding and Joey Meneses, Plouffe lifted a double past the dive of Buffalo center fielder Anthony Alford to score the only two runs of the game.
Game 2: After the Pigs took an early lead against Buffalo starter Luis Santos (1-0), the Bisons responded with a four-run top of the third against Tom Eshelman (1-6) in a 9-2 victory. Eshelman was lifted after 3 2/3 innings and allowed seven runs on 10 hits.
Buffalo got a pair of home runs by Reese McGuire and Rawdy Tellez in the nightcap. Tellez and McGuire each had three RBI and combined to go 5-for-10.
Dean Anna finished the game with two hits and run scored. Anna also drove in the Pigs' other run.
The Pigs and Bisons wrap up their four game series tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. It's Faith Night at Coca-Cola Park. Prior to the game, 3,000 fans 18 and older will receive an IronPigs T-Shirt presented by Dorney Park. Brandon Leibrandt will start the game for the IronPigs.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, visit IronPigsBaseball.com or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Shao-Ching Chiang Earns First Triple-A Win - Columbus Clippers
- Mud Hens Bullpen Dominates in Loss - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reed Deals Strong Innings as Bats Fall 6-2 - Louisville Bats
- Buffalo Wins Game Two of Doubleheader, 9-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Salvage Doubleheader with Game Two Win - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Stifle Bulls to Halt Winning Streak - Durham Bulls
- Knights Charge Past the Bulls 6-2 on Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Indians Hold off Hens Behind Five-Run Third - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk and Gwinnett Split Doubleheader - Norfolk Tides
- PawSox Score Three in Ninth, Stun Syracuse - Pawtucket Red Sox
- PawSox Rally Late to Top Chiefs - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Sweep Double Dip from Rochester - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Red Wings Swept in Twin Bill Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Score a Free Youth Jersey on Friday, June 29 - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (32-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-23) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 12 - Louisville Bats
- OF Avisail Garcia begins MLB rehab assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Top Pitching Prospect to Start for RailRiders Thursday During Yankees' Triple-A Team's Final Visit to Syracuse in 2018 - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley DH (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Drop Series Opener, 7-4 - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- SWB RailRiders Teddy Bear Toss, June 30 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6