Spikes Release 2020 Schedule, Season Seats Now on Sale
(STATE COLLEGE, PA) - The State College Spikes 2020 schedule has been released by the New York-Penn League. Fans can make sure to catch all 38 home games by purchasing 2020 Season Seat Memberships, now on sale through the Spikes Ticket Office by phone at (814) 272-1711.
The 2020 home slate begins with an Opening Night matchup against the Williamsport Crosscutters (Philadelphia Phillies) on Thursday, June 18. The Spikes and Crosscutters will also meet in a Labor Day matchup on Monday, September 7 to finish the 2020 regular season schedule.
State College and Williamsport are scheduled for a total of 12 matchups in 2020, with the Spikes hosting the Crosscutters for six home games, including a three-game series from August 11-13 and a September 6 matchup immediately preceding the regular season finale.
The Spikes will also clash with more Pinckney Division opponents throughout the 2020 home schedule, as the West Virginia Black Bears (Pittsburgh Pirates) visit Medlar Field at Lubrano Park for a four-game set from July 21-24 and again for a trio of games from August 22-24. The Mahoning Valley Scrappers (Cleveland Indians) will also come to State College for a three-game series from July 10-12.
In addition, the Spikes will host the Batavia Muckdogs (Miami Marlins) in Central PA for a four-game stretch from August 4-7.
The Spikes' interdivisional schedule expands next year, with the Aberdeen IronBirds (Baltimore Orioles) set to make visit to Medlar Field at Lubrano Park for a pair of three-game sets. The first series will take place from June 24-26, and the second from July 7-9.
Fans of the New York Yankees will also be able to see their team's prospects play in Happy Valley as the Staten Island Yankees visit Medlar Field at Lubrano Park for a three-game series from August 28-30. The Lowell Spinners (Boston Red Sox) will also make a road trip to take on the Spikes for three games from July 1-3, with the Tri-City ValleyCats making a visit for three games from August 14-16.
Another interdivision series rounds out the Spikes' home slate, as the Hudson Valley Renegades (Tampa Bay Rays) come to State College from July 28-30.
The Spikes' divisional road schedule includes six games at Williamsport (June 19-20, July 31-August 2, September 5), three games at Mahoning Valley (July 25-27), seven games at Batavia (June 27-29, September 1-4), three games at Auburn (June 21-23) and three matchups against West Virginia (August 8-10).
Outside the Pinckney Division, the Spikes will visit the Tri-City ValleyCats (Houston Astros) from July 4-6 and the Brooklyn Cyclones (New York Mets) from August 19-21 for three games each. The Spikes will also visit Staten Island for four games against the Yankees from July 13-16, followed by a three-game series on the road at the Renegades from July 17-19.
The road schedule is completed with a three-game trip to Aberdeen to take on the IronBirds from July 25-27.
Fans can catch every moment of the family fun and exciting entertainment of the 2020 season and enjoy numerous benefits with Spikes Season Seat Memberships. Season Seat Members get early entry into the ballpark for every game, giving them the first opportunity at many of the Spikes' fantastic giveaways.
Season Seat Memberships are available as either one-year or three-year terms, with a $100 deposit per seat. However, those purchasing a three-year membership do not have to pay for all three years at once. Customized payment plans are also available by speaking with a Spikes ticket representative.
In addition, fans committing to Season Seat Memberships before Friday, October 25, will be entered in a drawing which could give them their 2020 season seats for free. Fans purchasing one-year memberships will receive one entry per account, while fans committing to three-year memberships will receive three entries per account.
Season Seat Memberships also give Spikes fans a membership in the Extra Innings Club, which grants access to a wide array of exclusive events at the ballpark throughout the year.
To purchase a Season Seat Membership and enjoy amenities that last all year long, call a Spikes ticket representative at (814) 272-1711.
Additional team and ticket information can also be viewed at StateCollegeSpikes.com.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Staten Island's Late Comeback Falls Short as Hudson Valley Holds on to Win 6-5 - Staten Island Yankees
- Tigers Fall in Final Road Game in 2019 - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Surge Late to Topple Scrappers, 10-3 - State College Spikes
- Lake Monsters Walkoff With 2-1 Home Finale Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spinners Late Rally Not Enough vs. ValleyCats Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- What Can Brown Do for You - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Drop Heartbreaker in Aberdeen - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Cutters Comeback Falls Just Short Against Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Outfielder from GCL Tigers West - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Robinson Cano in BKLYN Saturday - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Spinners Announce 2020 Schedule - Lowell Spinners
- Renegades Release 2020 Schedule - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Doubledays Release 2020 Schedule - Auburn Doubledays
- Your First Look at 2020 Schedule - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Scrappers Schedule Set for 2020 Season - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Spikes Release 2020 Schedule, Season Seats Now on Sale - State College Spikes
- Cutters Release 2020 Schedule - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Doubledays Fall, 7-1, to Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- Post-Season Tickets on Sale September 3 - West Virginia Black Bears
- Sogard Socks Yanks - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Tigers Spilt Doubleheader with Vermont - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Splits With 3-2 Walkoff Win In Game Two - Vermont Lake Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent State College Spikes Stories
- State College Spikes' 2022 Schedule Features Most Regular Season Home Games Ever
- Morrell's Late Homer Gives Spikes 7-6 Win over Crosscutters in Season Finale
- Spikes Take 6-5 Victory over Crosscutters in Weather-Shortened Affair
- Spikes' Taglieri Dulls Crosscutters in Complete Game Victory, 6-1
- Spikes Rally to Top Crosscutters, 9-6, in Modified Matchup Tuesday