Doubledays Release 2020 Schedule
AUBURN, NY - The Auburn Doubledays - Class-A Short Season affiliate of the Washington Nationals - are excited to announce the release of the 2020 New York Penn League schedule. In addition to playing our Pinckney Division opponents 40 times throughout the season, Auburn will play 36 interleague games, including 24 games against the Stedler Division and 12 games against the McNamara Division.
The season is set to kick off June 18 against the Batavia Muckdogs on the road, with the Doubledays' home opener on June 21 against the State College Spikes for a three-game set. Auburn will have a pair of six-game homestands on July 1-6 and August 11-16, and will conclude the season with a three-game homestand against the Muckdogs on September 5.
Of those 24 Stedler Division games, the Doubledays will battle the Vermont Lake Monsters 10 times over the course of the season, including seven at Leo Pinckney Field at Falcon Park. The Lake Monsters - Class-A Short Season affiliate of the Oakland Athletics - have not faced the Doubledays since the 2017 season and have not played Auburn more than three times in a season since 2011.
The Doubledays will also play nine games - six of them at home - against the Staten Island Yankees, Class-A Short Season affiliate of the New York Yankees. The Doubledays have not played the Yankees since 2016, and have not played multiple series against them since the 2015 season. Additionally, Auburn will play the farm team of another American League East powerhouse, the Boston Red Sox's Lowell Spinners, 11 times overall and four times at home.
"Interleague play gives fans the opportunity to get a taste of the whole league, and we're happy that we get to see some faces that we haven't had the opportunity to see in quite some time," said Doubledays general manager Adam Winslow. "Even though we know we have a lot of Yankees fans here in Auburn, we're still expecting our Doubledays fans to come out loud and proud to support their team."
Yankees and Red Sox mini plans will be available for the 2020 season, with additional information regarding the mini plans coming out shortly. For information about purchasing 2020 season tickets, contact our office by calling 315-255-2489 or emailing [email protected] For future information about 2020 mini plans, follow us on Facebook (/OfficialAuburnDoubledays), Twitter (@doubledays), or Instagram (@AuburnDoubledays).
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Staten Island's Late Comeback Falls Short as Hudson Valley Holds on to Win 6-5 - Staten Island Yankees
- Tigers Fall in Final Road Game in 2019 - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Surge Late to Topple Scrappers, 10-3 - State College Spikes
- Lake Monsters Walkoff With 2-1 Home Finale Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spinners Late Rally Not Enough vs. ValleyCats Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- What Can Brown Do for You - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Drop Heartbreaker in Aberdeen - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Cutters Comeback Falls Just Short Against Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Outfielder from GCL Tigers West - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Robinson Cano in BKLYN Saturday - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Spinners Announce 2020 Schedule - Lowell Spinners
- Renegades Release 2020 Schedule - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Doubledays Release 2020 Schedule - Auburn Doubledays
- Your First Look at 2020 Schedule - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Scrappers Schedule Set for 2020 Season - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Spikes Release 2020 Schedule, Season Seats Now on Sale - State College Spikes
- Cutters Release 2020 Schedule - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Doubledays Fall, 7-1, to Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- Post-Season Tickets on Sale September 3 - West Virginia Black Bears
- Sogard Socks Yanks - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Tigers Spilt Doubleheader with Vermont - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Splits With 3-2 Walkoff Win In Game Two - Vermont Lake Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.