Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn
Aberdeen, M.D. - It was only fitting that Aberdeen and Broooklyn exchanged blows in the series finale. In the 9th down one, Jaylen Ferguson's solo homer tied the game. Andrew Daschbach would later walk it off in a 5-4 victory. Aberdeen and Hudson Valley are now tied for the lead in the Division, and the final series of the year acts as the McNamara Division Championship.
W: Kade Strowd
L: Matt Mullenbach
1st inning: Aberdeen struck first. Kyle Stowers hammered a two run homer and made it 2-0.
3rd inning: Brooklyn answered. Brett Baty hit a bases clearing double with the bases loaded in his first NYPL game and it became 3-2 Cyclones.
4th inning: Clay Fisher hit a bomb. He tied the game on his third homer of the year
5th inning: Brooklyn came back with three straight hits and retook the lead. It was 4-3.
9th inning: Down one, Ferguson tied it as the leadoff hitter. Then Mason Janvrin and Kyle Stowers singled. Andrew Daschbach stepped in, and drove in the game winning run.
KEY IRONBIRD CONTRIBUTORS:
Jaylen Ferguson: 3-for-5, HR
Kyle Stowers: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
Ian Evans: 2-for-4
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen ends the season series with Brooklyn by taking six of the eleven games they played.
Jaylen Ferguson had his third straight game with a homer. He became the fourth IronBird to homer in three straight games, and the second this season.
With 3 games to go, the IronBirds are playing for a McNamara Division Championship in Fishkill.
IronBirds at Hudson Valley Renegades, 5:05 on Saturday, August 31st
Dutchess Stadium - Fishkill, N.Y.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Staten Island's Late Comeback Falls Short as Hudson Valley Holds on to Win 6-5 - Staten Island Yankees
- Tigers Fall in Final Road Game in 2019 - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Surge Late to Topple Scrappers, 10-3 - State College Spikes
- Lake Monsters Walkoff With 2-1 Home Finale Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spinners Late Rally Not Enough vs. ValleyCats Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- What Can Brown Do for You - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Drop Heartbreaker in Aberdeen - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Cutters Comeback Falls Just Short Against Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Outfielder from GCL Tigers West - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Robinson Cano in BKLYN Saturday - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Spinners Announce 2020 Schedule - Lowell Spinners
- Renegades Release 2020 Schedule - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Doubledays Release 2020 Schedule - Auburn Doubledays
- Your First Look at 2020 Schedule - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Scrappers Schedule Set for 2020 Season - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Spikes Release 2020 Schedule, Season Seats Now on Sale - State College Spikes
- Cutters Release 2020 Schedule - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Doubledays Fall, 7-1, to Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- Post-Season Tickets on Sale September 3 - West Virginia Black Bears
- Sogard Socks Yanks - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Tigers Spilt Doubleheader with Vermont - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Splits With 3-2 Walkoff Win In Game Two - Vermont Lake Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- Movie Night 2: Casper the Friendly Ghost Visits Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Watch Toy Story 4 on the Grass at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Host Fans for Crabs and a Game of Catch
- MLB and MiLB 2020 Season Decision
- IronBirds and Local Sponsors to Hold Fireworks Show for the 4th of July