Tigers Spilt Doubleheader with Vermont
Burlington, VT - The Connecticut Tigers (34-38) played two extra inning games against the Vermont Lake Monsters (32-40). The two teams split the doubleheader with the Tigers winning game one 6-2, and the Lake Monsters won game two 3-2.
Andrew Navigato went 3-for-4 with two RBI, and the Tigers got the win in extra innings over Vermont. The Tigers scored first in the third inning with an RBI double from Ryan Kreidler.
Dustin Harris answered for Vermont in the bottom half of the inning with an RBI double down the left-field line to make it 1-1. Harris finished 3-for-4 with two RBI in the contest.
After a scoreless end to the seventh, the two teams headed to extra innings. Connecticut put up five runs in the top half of the eighth.
Jake Holton drove in the first run of the inning with an RBI single to give the Tigers the lead off of Jorge Martinez (Loss, 5-2). With the bases loaded, Jordan Verdon was hit by a pitch to plate a run to make it 3-1.
Navigato drove in his two runs with an RBI single to center to make it 5-1. Eliezer Alfonzo brought home the final run of the frame with an RBI single to make it 6-1.
The Lake Monsters scored in the bottom half of the inning, but Andrew Magno closed out the contest for the Tigers. Bryce Tassin (Win, 3-0) pitched three scoreless innings with two hits, no walks and four strikeouts.
Gresuan Silverio went 1-for-3 with two RBI, but the Tigers fell in their second extra inning contest by a final score of 3-2. The only runs in the game were scored in extra innings.
Silverio delivered an RBI double in the top half of the eighth inning to make it 2-0. Vermont scored three runs in the bottom half of the inning with the winning run coming in on a RBI double by Kevin Richards off of Austin Anderson (Loss, 2-1). Anderson totaled six strikeouts over 2.2 innings of work.
The Connecticut Tigers will be back in action tomorrow in the final road game in 2019 at Vermont. You can catch all the action at Dodd Stadium on the Norwich Courtyard by Marriott Connecticut Tigers Radio Network on 1310 WICH. Elijah Gonzalez will have the call. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Connecticut Tigers are the New York-Penn League affiliate of the Detroit Tigers at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Connecticut. 2019 individual game tickets, season memberships for "The Club", mini plans, and team merchandise are on sale now! The front office and box office are open daily from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and can be accessed in person, online at www.cttigers.com, or by calling (860) 887-7962.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Staten Island's Late Comeback Falls Short as Hudson Valley Holds on to Win 6-5 - Staten Island Yankees
- Tigers Fall in Final Road Game in 2019 - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Aberdeen Walks off Series Finale with Brooklyn - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Surge Late to Topple Scrappers, 10-3 - State College Spikes
- Lake Monsters Walkoff With 2-1 Home Finale Win - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spinners Late Rally Not Enough vs. ValleyCats Friday Night - Lowell Spinners
- What Can Brown Do for You - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Drop Heartbreaker in Aberdeen - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Cutters Comeback Falls Just Short Against Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Outfielder from GCL Tigers West - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Robinson Cano in BKLYN Saturday - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Spinners Announce 2020 Schedule - Lowell Spinners
- Renegades Release 2020 Schedule - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Doubledays Release 2020 Schedule - Auburn Doubledays
- Your First Look at 2020 Schedule - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Scrappers Schedule Set for 2020 Season - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Spikes Release 2020 Schedule, Season Seats Now on Sale - State College Spikes
- Cutters Release 2020 Schedule - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Doubledays Fall, 7-1, to Crosscutters - Auburn Doubledays
- Post-Season Tickets on Sale September 3 - West Virginia Black Bears
- Sogard Socks Yanks - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Tigers Spilt Doubleheader with Vermont - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Splits With 3-2 Walkoff Win In Game Two - Vermont Lake Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norwich Sea Unicorns Stories
- Norwich Sea Unicorns and Minor League Baseball Statements Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Sea Unicorns to Celebrate Pi Day March 13th & 14th
- 2020 CT Military All-Star Nominations Now Open
- Congressman Joe Courtney and Norwich Mayor Peter Nystrom to Hold Press Conference at Dodd Stadium Monday, February 3rd
- Norwich Sea Unicorns Announce 2020 Coaching Staff