Snappers No-Hit In Third Walk-Off Loss In A Row
BURLINGTON, IA - The Snappers were walked-off again Tuesday night in Burlington, but this time, it came with an extra punch. In 10 innings, the Snappers were unable produce offensively, and left Burlington for the final time of the 2019 season without a hit.
Aiden McIntyre was slotted to start for the Snappers, and he gave one of his best performances of the year in Burlington. McIntyre pitched a spotless 5 innings. He did not give up a hit, and he only gave up 1 walk which was his only baserunner. In McIntyre's 5 innings, he only faced 3 batters in each inning. McIntyre only struck out 2 batters, which was surprising for the Snappers' strikeout leader.
To say that Beloit's bats did nothing, would be far from the truth. 6 Snappers' hitters reached base on 7 walks through 10 innings of play, including Joseph Pena reaching base twice on the free pass. On top of that, Nick Osborne, Joseph Pena, and Anthony Churlin would all reach second base with stolen bases, but would unfortunately be unable to cross home plate as Snappers' hitters went 0-10 on the night with RISP.
Richard Guasch would enter the game in the 6th inning as McIntyre's piggyback replacement.
Guasch worked through 4.2 innings of clean work where he would give up the no-hitter of their own in the 6th inning. Guasch would follow McIntyre's rhythm and only face three Bees each inning except for the 9th. Unfortunately, Guasch would give up the game-losing single in the bottom of the 10th after securing the first two outs.
With Tuesday's loss, the Snappers now sit alone in 7th place with the Bees one game ahead of them. Beloit now travels to last-place Peoria to begin their last road series of the 2019 series. The Snappers will go with another piggyback outing to start their series tomorrow versus the Chiefs with Bryce Nightengale beginning and Joe DeMers following him. First pitch is at 6:35 PM CST at Dozer Park in Peoria.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Chiefs Fall in Cedar Rapids, Return Home for Final Homestand - Peoria Chiefs
- Magic Number Down to One - Clinton LumberKings
- Nuts Draw 12 Walks in 12-9 Loss to Loons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars on Brink of Playoffs After Comeback - Kane County Cougars
- Steer Sends Kernels to 4-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Shocks River Bandits in Series Finale - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Staff Stretch No-Hitter into 10th for 1-0 Victory - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Slam Rattlers Playoff Chances - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers No-Hit In Third Walk-Off Loss In A Row - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Finish Road Swing With a Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods and Cubs Postponed on Tuesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Comeback Captains Win Third Straight - Lake County Captains
- Captains Come from Behind to Top Dragons, 5-3 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 27 at West Michigan (Game 132) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fan Appreciation Night this Saturday - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels Release 2020 MWL Schedule - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Free Wall Calendar Giveaway at Parkview Field as TinCaps Release 2020 Schedule - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Offense Steady, Pitching Lockdown in Quad Cities - Kane County Cougars
- 'Caps Throw One Away in 6-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hot Rods Sweep Cubs in Doubleheader 4-3, 7-2 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Flick-Or-Treat Movie Night at ABC Supply Stadium October 30
- ABC Supply Stadium to Host UW-Whitewater Baseball Exhibition Games - October 15 and 17
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win
- Snappers' Bats Stifled In 4-0 Loss
- Snappers Hit Three Home Runs In 8-3 Win