Dragons Notes for Tuesday
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 l Game # 64 (134)
Classic Park l Eastlake, Ohio l 12:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (27-36, 55-78) at Lake County Captains (31-32, 71-61)
RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.05) vs. RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.11)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the last game of a four-game series.
Last Game: Monday: Lake County 13, Dayton 2. Bo Naylor hit a grand slam home run and drove in six runs to lead a 14-hit Captains attack. Lake County built an early 8-0 lead over the first two innings with four runs in the first and four more in the second. Lake County hit home runs in each of the first three innings of the game. Dayton's Juan Martinez had three hits to extend his hitting streak to 11 straight games.
The Dragons are batting .293 as a team over their last 10 games (98 for 335).
Prior to last night, Dragons pitchers had posted a 2.21 ERA over the last 12 games, allowing 26 earned runs in 106 innings. They allowed 13 earned runs last night in eight innings.
Juan Martinez has an 11-game hitting streak, going 15 for 43 (.349) with two home runs. This matches the longest hitting streak of the season by a Dayton player by Randy Ventura.
Miguel Hernandez over his last 11 games is 14 for 36 (.389) with six doubles and triple. He is batting .319 in August (23 G).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 14 games is batting .367 with one home run. He is batting .358 in August (16 G).
Michael Siani over his last nine games is 13 for 37 (.351) with a home run.
Cameron Warren is batting .323 over his last eight games, going 10 for 31.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 0.71 in five games (four starts) (25.1 IP, 2 ER). His ERA leads the MWL and the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Connor Curlis in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.05 in five games (four starts) (26.1 IP, 6 ER).
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.14 in seven games (two starts) (21 IP, 5 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 29 games: 1.46 ERA, 49.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 55 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last five games: 0.00 ERA, 10 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, August 28 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Clate Schmidt (1-1, 2.51) at Great Lakes TBA
Thursday, August 29 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Adrian Rodriguez (6-3, 3.03) at Great Lakes TBA
Friday, August 30 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (3-9, 4.15) at Great Lakes TBA
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Chiefs Fall in Cedar Rapids, Return Home for Final Homestand - Peoria Chiefs
- Magic Number Down to One - Clinton LumberKings
- Nuts Draw 12 Walks in 12-9 Loss to Loons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars on Brink of Playoffs After Comeback - Kane County Cougars
- Steer Sends Kernels to 4-3 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kane County Shocks River Bandits in Series Finale - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Staff Stretch No-Hitter into 10th for 1-0 Victory - Burlington Bees
- LumberKings Slam Rattlers Playoff Chances - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers No-Hit In Third Walk-Off Loss In A Row - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Finish Road Swing With a Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods and Cubs Postponed on Tuesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Comeback Captains Win Third Straight - Lake County Captains
- Captains Come from Behind to Top Dragons, 5-3 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 27 at West Michigan (Game 132) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fan Appreciation Night this Saturday - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels Release 2020 MWL Schedule - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Free Wall Calendar Giveaway at Parkview Field as TinCaps Release 2020 Schedule - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Offense Steady, Pitching Lockdown in Quad Cities - Kane County Cougars
- 'Caps Throw One Away in 6-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hot Rods Sweep Cubs in Doubleheader 4-3, 7-2 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Former Dragons Earn Reds Minor League Awards
- Ticket Sales Begin Friday for Nitro Circus in Dayton
- Nitro Circus Tour Coming to Fifth Third Field in 2020
- Dragons Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Dayton Business Journal Selects Dayton Dragons, Robert Murphy for Community Awards