Sens Fall to Laval to Close out Homestand
The Belleville Senators were beaten 4-1 by Laval Wednesday night at CAA Arena.
Joey Daccord made 30 saves for the Sens as Joseph LaBate scored. Laval's Nikita Jevpalovs (2), Charles Hudon and Laurent Dauphin had goals while Cayden Primeau turned aside 27 shots.
A tight first period saw LaBate grab the only goal of the frame with just 3.9 seconds left as he took advantage of a mis-clear by Maxim Lamarche and was about to fire a low shot past Primeau for his 10th of the year.
A couple of questionable interference calls on Jonathan Aspirot and then Jack Dougherty either side of a Michael Carcone penalty gave Laval two separate 5-on-3 chances and they took advantage on the second one as Jevpalovs scored on a one-timer from the left faceoff dot at 11:43 of the second to make it a 1-1 game.
Hudon gave Laval the lead at 16:02 as on an odd-man rush Jesperi Kotkaniemi was tripped by Hudon gathered the loose puck to beat Daccord glove side for his 27th of the season.
Laval secured the win with two empty-net goals in the final minute of regulation through Jevpalovs and Dauphin.
Belleville is back in action Friday for the first game of a back-to-back against Cleveland. The Sens are back home on March 4 when they host Toronto. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2020
- P-Bruins Make It Six Straight Wins, Top Wbs Penguins, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Fall to Laval to Close out Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Barber Scores, But Penguins Lose to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Topple Amerks in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Detroit Recalls Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Assign Three to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Condors 2020-21 Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Baptiste Excited to Join Contending Sens - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Acquire Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Assign Drew and Gates to Tulsa, Johnston to Idaho - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Recall Gabriel Vilardi - Ontario Reign
- Game 52 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Start Four-Game Road Swing in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 vs. Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 26 - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Loan Max Willman to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Assign Goaltender Chris Driedger to Springfield (AHL) on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Morning Matchup against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Special Teams Leads Iowa to 5-2 Win against Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Senators Seeking Rental Properties for Players
- Belleville Senators Acquire Jake Lucchini from Laval
- Belleville Senators Cleared for Full Capacity at CAA Arena, with Single Game Tickets on Sale October 12
- Belleville Senators Announce 34-Player 2021-22 Training Camp Roster
- CJBQ Returns as Belleville Sens Official Broadcast Partner