Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 26
The Belleville Senators will complete its three-game homestand tonight as they host the Laval Rocket at CAA Arena.
The Senators (35-16-4-1) erased a three-goal deficit against Manitoba last time out to claim a 5-4 overtime win. The victory has the Sens seven points up on Rochester for first place in the North Division.
The Rocket (25-23-5-3) sit sixth in the North, three points behind Syracuse for the fourth and final playoff spot. The Rocket haven't lost in their last three regulation games but are just 3-4-2-1 over its last 10.
The Sens are 14-12-1-1 at home this season while Laval is 9-14-3-1 on the road.
The Sens got some major help Sunday as Drake Batherson and Josh Norris were reassigned to Belleville. However, the team lost Rudolfs Balcers and Filip Chlapik on recall. Additionally, the team traded for Nick Baptiste Monday night.
No word on whether Joey Daccord or Filip Gustavsson will start tonight for the Sens who will head to Cleveland Thursday for a weekend doubleheader.
JC Beaudin, Logan Brown and Jonathan Davidsson are out for Belleville.
Belleville has dominated Laval this season collecting 13 of a possible 14 points against its Canadian rivals with a 6-0-0-1 record. The Senators are 18-10-1-2 all-time against the Rocket.
Who to watch
Drake Batherson will play his first game for Belleville since Jan. 25. His 46 points this season are the third best on the Sens despite playing only 37 games.
The Rocket recently acquired Joseph Blandisi from Pittsburgh and he'll play his second game for Laval tonight. He 134 career AHL points in 185 contests.
Where to watch
Wednesday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates. Tickets for tonight's game are available.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with David Foot on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2020
- P-Bruins Make It Six Straight Wins, Top Wbs Penguins, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Fall to Laval to Close out Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Barber Scores, But Penguins Lose to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Topple Amerks in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Detroit Recalls Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Assign Three to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Condors 2020-21 Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Baptiste Excited to Join Contending Sens - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Acquire Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Assign Drew and Gates to Tulsa, Johnston to Idaho - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Recall Gabriel Vilardi - Ontario Reign
- Game 52 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Start Four-Game Road Swing in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 vs. Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 26 - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Loan Max Willman to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Assign Goaltender Chris Driedger to Springfield (AHL) on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Morning Matchup against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Special Teams Leads Iowa to 5-2 Win against Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.