Marlies Host Morning Matchup against Monsters
The Marlies hit home ice this morning for an early North Division clash with Cleveland.
This is the sixth of eight meetings between these North Division rivals, and the Monsters currently have a slight edge in the regular season series having won three of the previous five contests. Toronto opened up the series with back-to-back wins over Cleveland, but the Monsters have since taken the lead, winning the three most recent contests against the Marlies. With three straight losses and only four wins in their previous 10 games, the Marlies will be looking to find their way back to the win column today and even up the regular season series against the Monsters.
Cleveland comes into today's game fresh off an overtime win over the Rochester Americans. The win snapped a four-game losing streak for the Monsters, who currently sit in seventh place in the North Division with 53 points.
Toronto currently sits four points back from a playoff spot, and with the race heating up in a tight North Division, the Marlies need to pick up points in these tough divisional matchups. Expect some changes to the Marlies lineup as new additions look to make a swift impact and help right the ship in terms of getting the team back into playoff contention. Max Veronneau, Miikka Salomaki and Matt Lorito bring a fresh energy to the Marlies' offence, while the return of Calle Rosen provides some depth and familiarity to the Marlies' blueline.
Puck drops at 11AM today on Leafs Nation Network. Fans can also stream the game live in the Maple Leafs app.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
26-22-3-2 Overall Record 24-26-3-2
2-2-1-0 Head To Head 3-1-0-1
0-3-0-0 Streak 1-0-0-0
181 Goals For 148
179 Goals Against 164
20.5% Power Play Percentage 13.8%
77.5% Penalty Kill Percentage 84.5%
K. Agostino (23) Leading Goal Scorer S. Matteau (12)
P. Aberg (40)
K. Agostino (40) Leading Points Scorer A. Clendening (36)
K. Kaskisuo (14) Wins Leader V. Vehvilainen (10)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2020
- P-Bruins Make It Six Straight Wins, Top Wbs Penguins, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Fall to Laval to Close out Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Barber Scores, But Penguins Lose to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Topple Amerks in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Detroit Recalls Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Assign Three to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Condors 2020-21 Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Baptiste Excited to Join Contending Sens - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Acquire Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Assign Drew and Gates to Tulsa, Johnston to Idaho - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Recall Gabriel Vilardi - Ontario Reign
- Game 52 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Start Four-Game Road Swing in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 vs. Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 26 - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Loan Max Willman to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Assign Goaltender Chris Driedger to Springfield (AHL) on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Morning Matchup against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Special Teams Leads Iowa to 5-2 Win against Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.