Phantoms Loan Max Willman to Reading
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have announced today that they have loaned forward Max Willman to the Reading Royals of the ECHL.
Willman, 25, is currently in his first professional season and has played 20 games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms after originally signing a PTO on December 19, 2019. He scored his first AHL goal on January 15 against the Syracuse Crunch and has tallied a total of three goals and four assists for seven points. He posted his first multi-point game with two assists against the Providence Bruins on January 22. He was signed to an AHL contract through the 2020-21 season by the Phantoms on February 4. Willman was originally signed an ECHL contract with the Reading Royals on September 4, 2019 and totaled 15 points in 16 games for the Royals. He registered a seven-game point streak from November 22 to December 4 shortly before joining the Phantoms.
A native of Barnstable, Massachusetts, Willman spent four years at Brown University from 2014-2018 and posted 45 points (16G, 29A) in 99 games and then played in 36 games as a graduate transfer student at Boston University in 2018-19. He was teammates at Boston University with Phantoms forward Joel Farabee.
The 6-foot forward was originally drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the fifth round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft (121st overall).
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Max Willman
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2020
- P-Bruins Make It Six Straight Wins, Top Wbs Penguins, 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sens Fall to Laval to Close out Homestand - Belleville Senators
- Barber Scores, But Penguins Lose to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets Topple Amerks in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Detroit Recalls Cholowski - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Stars Assign Three to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Condors 2020-21 Ticket Plans on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Baptiste Excited to Join Contending Sens - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Acquire Hannikainen from Columbus - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Assign Drew and Gates to Tulsa, Johnston to Idaho - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Recall Gabriel Vilardi - Ontario Reign
- Game 52 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Start Four-Game Road Swing in Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 vs. Utica Comets - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 26 - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Loan Max Willman to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Assign Goaltender Chris Driedger to Springfield (AHL) on Conditioning Loan - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Host Morning Matchup against Monsters - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Special Teams Leads Iowa to 5-2 Win against Chicago - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.