Saturday, May 22 Is Alzheimer's Awareness Night at BOK Center
TULSA, OK- The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks, announced its full schedule for the 2021-22 season on Tuesday.
The 2021-22 season marks Tulsa's eighth campaign in the ECHL, the Premier 'AA' Hockey League, and the second season as the ECHL affiliate for the Anaheim Ducks.
Tulsa's oldest professional sports team opens the 2021-22 season on the road at Rapid City on Friday, Oct. 22. The Oilers' home opener is on Friday, Oct. 29 against long-standing rivals the Allen Americans.
The Oilers will see two new opponents at home, squaring off against the Orlando Solar Bears on Sunday, Dec. 19 and battling the Newfoundland Growlers on Sunday, Jan. 23. The two opponents are the only Eastern Conference foes on the 2021-22 slate.
The Oilers also see one of the league's two new franchises, playing Iowa at Xtream Arena & GreenState Family Fieldhouse on Wednesday, Dec. 29 and Wednesday, Feb. 16 .
Tulsa plays four Central Division opponents - the Cincinnati Cyclones, Fort Wayne Komets, Kalamazoo Wings and Toledo Walleye. Toledo is the only Central Division team playing at the BOK Center this season, trekking to Green Country for games on Saturday, March 19, Sunday, March 20 and Monday, March 21. The three-in-three marks the first time Toledo visits the BOK Center during the regular season, and the first time since the 2018-19 Western Conference Finals that Tulsa sees the Walleye.
In total, the Oilers play 31 of 36 home games on a weekend, including 11 Friday, 10 Saturday and 10 Sunday games. Four of the team's five weekday home games come on Thursday. The remaining weekday game is the Monday battle with Toledo.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 18, 2021
- Icemen Gain Ground in Standings with 2-1 Win over Orlando - Jacksonville Icemen
- Spencer scores for Orlando in 2-1 loss at Jacksonville - Orlando Solar Bears
- Naples Native Solow Signs with Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Iowa ECHL Announces Inaugural Season Schedule - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stewart Loaned to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Sign Mason Mannek - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - May 18 - ECHL
- Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Receive Two from the AHL - Indy Fuel
- Saturday, May 22 Is Alzheimer's Awareness Night at BOK Center - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits Regain Shawn Cameron from Utica - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Parker Gahagen Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week in Back-To-Back Weeks - Utah Grizzlies
- Utah's Gahagen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, May 18, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Boka Loaned to Ontario - Fort Wayne Komets
- Matthew Weis Named ECHL Player of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- South Carolina's Weis Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Americans Dominate Mavericks 7-2 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.