River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday
The Albany River Rats announced today the details surrounding the Fourth Annual Ronald McDonald House Charity Jersey Auction, which will be held at the conclusion of the team's 5:00 p.m. home game against the Springfield Falcons on Saturday, February 6th.
The jersey auction will begin approximately 10 minutes after the game, which also features a special appearance by Nickelodeon's Spongebob Squarepants. The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile will also be on hand in front at the Times Union Center, providing free pediatric health services and oral cancer screenings.
Following the game, all fans interested in participating in the jersey auction will be invited to the seats directly behind the River Rats bench. The fan with the winning bid on each jersey will be invited onto the ice to receive it from the River Rats player who wore it during the game. The auctions have raised over $60,000 during the previous three events, with just shy of $23,000 being raised in last year's auction.
Any fans that cannot make it to the game, but are still interested in bidding on the one-of-a-kind jerseys can download and fill out an official bid form, by clicking here or on the "Ronald McDonald House Charity Jersey Auction" window on the www.abanyriverrats.com splash page Ronald McDonald Care Mobile services are provided in a 40-foot long, 8-foot wide, state-of-the-art vehicle built specifically for delivering pediatric health care services. Each vehicle includes two patient examination rooms, a laboratory and reception and medical records areas. Staffed with pediatric specialist volunteers, each Ronald McDonald Care Mobile provides cost-effective, high-quality medical, dental and health education services to underserved children in rural and urban areas around the world. Within the United States, volunteers also help eligible families enroll in federally assisted health insurance initiatives such as "Insure Kids Now." Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region, Inc. provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate and home-like environment through the operation of the Ronald McDonald House and the Ronald McDonald House Family Room in the Children's Hospital at Albany Medical Center. In addition, Ronald McDonald House Charities operates The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile in partnership with St. Peter's Health Care Services and also awards grants to program in the community that enhance the lives of children. The Ronald McDonald regional chapter supports a house on Lake Avenue in Albany, just blocks from the Children's Hospital at Albany Medical Center.
The River Rats travel to Binghamton today for a 7:05 p.m. match-up with the Senators, before retuning to the Times Union Center on Saturday night for a 5:00 p.m. tilt against the Atlantic Division's Springfield Falcons, followed by the team's annual Ronald McDonald House Charity Jersey Auction.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.