B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany
ALBANY, NY- Senators Captain Denis Hamel scored twice and Ryan Keller added a goal with two assists as Binghamton defeated the Albany River Rats 4-3 Friday night at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena.
Jacob Micflikier and Chris Terry each notched two assists for Albany, which lost its third straight game. The River Rats return to the Times Union Center on Saturday for a 5:00 p.m. faceoff against the Springfield Falcons, followed immediately by the fourth annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction.
The Senators led 2-1 after a scoreless second period and Keller gave his club a two-goal cushion just 27 seconds into the third. Albany clawed back to within a goal at 9:40, when Micflikier found a wide-open Nicolas Blanchard for his third goal in as many games, but Hamel netted his second tally of the game at 12:38 to make it 4-2 Senators. Albany defenseman Jamie McBain answered just 43 seconds later to close the deficit to a goal, but the River Rats could not tie the game in the final 6:39.
Albany scored on its first shot of the game just 22 seconds into the first period, as Micflikier connected with Jiri Tlusty on a 2-on-1 rush for a one-time put-away. Tlusty's first goal as a River Rat came in his return from a 15-game NHL stint. Hamel answered at 8:11 of the opening frame and Craig Shira gave the Senators a 2-1 lead at 17:51 on a perfect tic-tac-toe play passing play from Erik Condra and Josh Hennessy.
River Rats goalie Mike Murphy stopped 34-of-38 shots faced in his first start since missing eight games with a lower body injury, as the River Rats fell to 26-19-3-2 this season. Binghamton goaltender Mike Brodeur allowed three goals on 30 shots for the win, as the Senators improved to 20-22-3-1 this year. The B-Sens out-shot Albany 38-30 in the game and went 0-for-2 on the power play, while the River Rats went 1-for-4 on the man-advantage.
River Rats 2009-10 pro-rated season and flexible ticket packages are now on sale at the River Rats executive offices at the Times Union Center, by calling (518) 487-2244 or by logging onto www.albanyriverrats.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.